Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

K.C. Young III has passed away

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by connieklr, Feb 14, 2007.

1. connieklr

Oct 9, 2004
    Richmond, VA
    It was just brought to my attention by a neighbor, and work associate, that K.C. Young's son, K.C. III, passed away this past Monday.

For those who do not know, K.C. is the owner/operator of the Black Creek Shooters Assoc. range in Mechanicsville.

From the Richmond Times Dispatch Obituary Column:

K.C. Young III
    YOUNG K.C. Young III of Mechanicsville, passed away Monday, February 12, 2007. He is survived by his wife, Marissa Young; his parents, Kay C. and Rosalie (Tini) Young; brother, Mark Young and wife, Marsha; three nieces, Ashley, Brittany and Kelsey Young; several aunts, uncles and cousins. The family will receive friends 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, February 14 at the Mechanicsville Chapel, Bennett Funeral Home, 8014 Lee-Davis Rd., and where services will be held 1 p.m. Thursday. Interment Forest Lawn Cemetery.

Guy Young
    No Relation
    BCSA Member
  2. Rec4LMS

Sep 21, 2005
    Richmond, VA

My sympathies to his family. While I have not been to the range recently, I had enjoyed my conversations with him. If anyone wishes to send cards to the family, PM me and I will PM you their contact information.
    Please note that the range is currently closed due to his passing but it should reopen on Friday.

3. JohnBT

JohnBT NRA Patron

Feb 24, 2000
    Richmond, Virginia
    That's sad news. Sorry to hear it.

Thanks for posting it though. I've been out of town for 5 weeks taking care of my parents, and moving them into assisted living, and haven't been by Black Creek recently - or any range for that matter.

4. Well I'll be.

I grew up in the Black Creek area, and used to run around with "KC" Young a little bit. Any idea how old he was? (I'm 55.) He was a couple years younger than I am. I don't know if this was him, or perhaps his son.
  5. Rec4LMS

Sep 21, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    If I had to guess, I would say he was in his 40's. I was under the impression that he did not have any children, but I may be misinformed.
  6. Thanks. That would be the KC I knew. He was a few years younger than I am, but there weren't many boys in the neighborhood in those days, so we all tended to run together from time to time. I also remembered that he had a brother named Mark, who the obituary mentions.

Sorry to hear that.