close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jut in case some of you...

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by GioaJack, Dec 23, 2011.

1. GioaJack

GioaJack
    Expand Collapse
    Conifer Jack

... less than socially attentive people don't realize it, Christmas is but two short days away.

For most it is a joyous, festive and uplifting occasion but alas, I must admit that for me it is a time of conflicting emotions. It presents one of those rare moments during the year when I feel compelled to drop the cloak of good natured harassment, (I hope you all know it's good natured), and picking on flatlanders... as well deserved as it might be.

It is the time of year when I shed the false bravado and force myself to stop thinking of the good times of the past and live in the better times of the present.

The day after my little helicopter ride in March I was informed by a series of doctors that there was no explainable reason why I survived and that next time I probably wouldn't be as lucky.

We have a saying up here; 'If you're lucky enough to live in the mountains, you're lucky enough'. Well that may be true but it goes much further than that. If you're lucky enough to have good friends, you're lucky enough', and over the years I've been fortunate enough to have made very dear friends on this forum.

Those who I harass and ridicule on a regular basis, Little Stevie, Zombie Steve, Fred, Unclebob, Wisky and a list longer than the available bandwidth have learned that if I don't consider you a friend you are never a target of my incoherent ramblings. Other than my love for my family my friendship is the most valuable thing I can give. (No, none of you are getting my loading equipment or the guns so save your PM's.)

No, there may not have been a medical reason why I survived but perhaps there was a more important reason... I'm simply not ready to give up the enjoyment I derive from all of you.

On that note I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas or what ever holiday you celebrate, and if there is none you recognize my wish is that all of your life's dreams come true.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

While not a Christmas or holiday song I leave you with this beautiful rendition and hope you keep it in your hearts while you spend precious moments with family and friends this weekend. (Ignore the Meth commercial at the beginning. :supergrin:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0xoMhCT-7A

Thank you all for a wonderful life.

Jack

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel
    Expand Collapse

Merry Christmas to you as well. It amazes me that a place like this leads to real friendships. Thank God all you 1911 loving guys accidentally bought a Glock and dropped in to this forum to hang out.

3. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker
    Expand Collapse
    Jacks #1 Fan

Merry Christmas all.... be thinking of you guys. Hopes to all your well being and that of your loved ones throughout the holidays!

4. Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay
    Expand Collapse

I guess that would be ME! I'm a milsurper, so I have far more 1911 A1s than Glocks, but that doesn't steal any thunder from Glock for sure.

Merry Christmas to all. And if that offends you, then substitute your own occasion and have a happy one.

5. F106 Fan

F106 Fan
    Expand Collapse

Oddly enough, it happened just that way. I bought the Glock just to see what all the fuss was about. I'm still a 1911 lover.

Merry Christmas to Jack and all the rest of you.

Richard

6. steve4102

steve4102
    Expand Collapse

Merry Christmas Jack!

7. kubura

kubura
    Expand Collapse

Buon Natale!

Merry Christmas Jack!

8. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean
    Expand Collapse

What a Wonderful World, indeed, Jack.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

-Mike "Beanie-Bean"

9. m2hmghb

m2hmghb
    Expand Collapse

Merry Christmas to you Jack!

10. WiskyT

WiskyT
    Expand Collapse
    Malcontent

I'm not sure why Jack posted one of bho's vacation videos, but I will say Merry Christmas!!

11. csaw44

csaw44
    Expand Collapse

Merry Christmas to all.

12. dkf

dkf
    Expand Collapse

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Jack I hope you are able to stick around for a while and keep making videos. Just ease up on the crossdressing a little.:whistling:

13. Calico Jack

Calico Jack
    Expand Collapse
    NO QUARTER

Hope to be half as "peppy" as you when I reach my older years. Merry Christmas!

14. EL_NinO619

EL_NinO619
    Expand Collapse
    EX-Swage Monkey

Again Good job Jack. Merry Christmas and have a good new Year. To the rest of the GT'ers same to you...

15. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel
    Expand Collapse

Jack is only 45. But he has been casting inside for since 15 with no ill effects. I wouldn't call him in his "older years"

16. Calico Jack

Calico Jack
    Expand Collapse
    NO QUARTER

When you're my age anyone over 30 is in their "older" years. :whistling:

17. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel
    Expand Collapse

18. Kromedome

Kromedome
    Expand Collapse

Merry Christmas from all of the Krome's to all GTer's everywhere! We wish you everything you'd wish for yourselves! Best Wishes for the New Year too!

19. rpgman

rpgman
    Expand Collapse
    SCGLOCK

Merry Christmas Jack, Uncle Bob,Steve, Ron, Fred, and anyone else I might have missed.

Thank all of you on this forum for helping a noob out learning reloading and making sure I didn't blow myself up.

This has become my favorite forum on here and it's because of the helpful friendly folks on this forum.

Thanks again your all in my thoughts this Christmas season and I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday.

Greg

#19 rpgman, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  20. TX Archer

TX Archer
    Expand Collapse

You rock, Jack. Your good-natured curmudgeonliness was a big factor in making me feel comfortable enough to post here and ask questions. Merry Christmas to you and to all here.