Just sitting around after a match....

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Colorado4Wheel, Mar 11, 2013.

1. B.S'ing about sheaeat...... Trying to goud Link Clackers into fighting about how good the 1911 is...... Complaining about the new world order of bullets and increased pricing......

Decided to go cast bullets and it felt soo good. :supergrin:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Colorado4Wheel, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Is MH370 sitting at the bottom in one piece? The Okie Corral Aug 12, 2015
    Any idea why the USA is $18 trillion plus in debt and half the population is sitting on their a$$ le The Okie Corral Aug 6, 2015
    Dog sitting. The Okie Corral Jun 27, 2015
    Article - Flight attendant sitting in engine housing The Okie Corral May 29, 2015
    While sitting in the pondering room pondering... The Okie Corral Mar 30, 2015

3. First off 1911 don't need no defending. There is nuttin to fights about.

I do wish I was casting sounds like fun. Just not sure about the lead availability around here. Then again I wish I was shooting as well. Dang snow has canceled a few matches and the range is so muddy from the melt looks like more cancelations to come.

Maybe some rifle this Friday as I'm off this week. First I have to do some chores and replace the brake lines in my F350. Stupid road salt. Trucks only 25 years old the lines should last longer then that!:whistling:

Glad your having a nice day/night!:wavey:

4. 1911 guys all love to tell you how awesome their gun is.
  5. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

I casted a bunch of lead for my 1911. I'll be shooting my LC9 this week because I have to qualify with it in a couple of weeks and I haven't shot it in a couple of months. I've been busy shooting my 1911.

I don't need to qualify with the 1911 because I don't carry it:whistling:
  6. Only because it's true. Plastic guns are nice but have their faults. A properly setup, not Fuped 1911 will run & run w/ little problem. Oh yeah, you can shoot lead out of any stock 1911 barrel too. Honestly, I see more limp wrist FTF in Glocks than anything else. I am not sure it's even possible on a 1911.:supergrin:
    #5 fredj338, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  7. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

Wasn't hard to get Stevie's blood pressure up the other night when he was defending the 9mm at the bar. It was fun. You let it go for a minute... he calms down... then you say something like "9mm is for :aodnsb:" and he'd get all high pitched and sweaty.

By the way... I asked that you and Lizard to remind me as soon as you see either of my 1911's screw up at the range. Still waiting, huh?
  8. You actually have to shoot it more then you clean it for that to happen.
  9. John M Browning would not allow that to happen. So of course not. :rofl:
  10. You plastic sissy gun owners always feel the need to try and prove you can compare to a 1911. What does that tell us 1911 guys.:tongueout:
  11. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak KO Windows

I have a buddy who's real sensitive about 10mm jokes (he's about the only 10mm guy I know of, that doesn't reload). I make jokes w/ him all the time... we don't shoot together that often, but last time we did he told me "any 10mm jokes, and I'm going home.." :rofl: (this is probably why I don't shoot with him more often... because he's such a stick in the mud)

All kidding aside though, any of the "major" calibers from .38 on up, will do their job if you do yours, the key part being "you do yours"
  12. Who said anything about comparing to a 1911. I just love hearing the banter about gods gift to guns and all that crap. Makes me chuckle inside. I personally seldom hear people at a match brag about a gun other then the 1911. Most shooters seem to understand guns are just a hunk of steal and plastic. But 1911 guys take it into a near religious place more often then not. Listening to how they do it is entertaining.
  13. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

I never had to tweek a Glock, or my LC9. I just opened the box and shot them for years without an issue. My stock, as JMB and G-d intended it, 1911 wouldn't run until I had it tweeked and it still has had three jams. All three jams were a different type, so I can't exactly diagnose it. This is all in less than 5 packages of primers (100 each).
  14. Wisky, the excuses will roll in any minute. While you are waiting watch these two videos. Best one is the second one where the tattooed up guy goes to Wilson Combat and they basically agree with everything he said in video #1.
  15. Zombie Steve

Why wouldn't you brag about a 1911? What other gun would you see at a match that you could brag about?

"Hey... check out this M&P. It's like every M&P you've ever seen."

or maybe

"Check out the craftsmanship on this Glock!"

16. Zombie Steve

Like bragging about a Honda Civic.
  17. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfJj90eNIfE"]1911s SUCK Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYEd-3iy4QM"]1911s SUCK Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Just google "Why 1911's Suck"

You have to watch part 1 and 2. Part two is Wilson Combat basically confirming everything he says.
  18. Zombie Steve

Get 50 companies all making a G17 and someone will find a way to screw it up.

.45 Rules!!! :tongueout:

Casting for it is more better too.

19. I don't brag about my gun. It's nothing to brag about. Just a tool. It's a mass produced plastic gun with 100K rounds through it. Kinda looking a little ugly and all scratched up right now. I will stack it up against any gun with a similar service history as mine that has never seen a gun smith. I will bury it in the dirt, shake it out and shoot it. Willing to do that with your 1911 then we have something to talk about.
  20. Zombie Steve

Not even St. Michael can save your foul heathen soul, and he fought a dragon.

Why wouldn't you bury a Glock in the dirt?

By the way, Shootin' Den has some solo 1000 if you're out and need some mouse fart loads. Seriously.
  21. Someone shot my loads yesterday and said "why do they recoil so much" Army guys. What do you do.