Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

just saved myself some money,sorta

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by woodrowNC, Jan 5, 2011.

1. talked to the les baer lady who said no problem to the single safety, no problem to the naked slide, but i could not get vertical slide serrations. it comes just like the picture. that's about a 4 degree shift on a vise in a milliing machine. hey, i don't make my living selling firearms. cool with me. so now it appears the sa gi is back off to the sacs for about 1300 worth of work and excactly what i want. what a shame.
  2. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Well, there's always Fusion. They will make it just like you want it...maybe. :supergrin:

That's a shame you have to "settle" for SACS. :rofl:
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2011

3. yeah, i'm really hurtin going to some of the best in the biz. it's all good.
  4. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Yeah that's like skipping the BMW to get the Mercedes. You win. :supergrin:
  5. samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    I think you'll ultimately like the end result of the G.I. better than the Baer.

Baers are great guns and it'll be exactly the way you want it. As long as your name is Les Baer.
  6. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001

Actually I think it has more to do with the fact that Baer's main focus is on building 1911s that are shot not ones that sit in the safe only to be brought out for pretty picture time. :dunno: :rofl:
  7. rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    I cant wait to see that SACS lovin
  8. samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX

Whatever dude...
  9. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
  10. youngAR

Dec 4, 2010
    DFW, TX
    Wait in line with the rest of us ;)

I sent mine out in Dec. for a lesser amount of work. Can't wait to get mine and see pics of yours.
  11. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

:upeyes: Huh?

I don't think you could survive as an English teacher either. :)
  12. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Is that a Penguin thingy?
  13. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Hey, I drive a BMW!

14. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Jeff, I asked Baer to build a bobtailed Monolith for me.

Their response...

15. let me tell you something friend. you don't know what i could survive as. i have never had and altercation, insult or otherwise with another poster on this board. and you're not going to be the first. if you don't think i'd make it as an english teacher, fine, i've done pretty well as a toolmaker for 30 yrs. if you didn't understand my post, perhaps a little remedial english composition will serve you well.

but just remember. this is the internet. i care less of what you think than i do the amount of dirt on the bottom of my boots.
  16. should have listened to you sam. your gi and mine are gonna be real close. i just really like off. frames. here's hoping it doesn't take too long.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  17. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    I can't wait to see it either!!

18. not excactly in the mood so the same goes for you.
  19. GJ1981

GJ1981 Pitying Fools

Feb 10, 2008
    I'm still waiting on two smaller jobs that I sent them in August. With the Shot Show coming up, I'd expect it to be longer than you planned for.
  20. well i've got a 82 series 70 coming from colts custom shop in a few wks, maybe that will hold me over. oddly enough, and i can't explain it, time seems to have slowed since my heart surgery. i don't know if thats normal or just me. maybe it'll just fly by before i know it.:cool: