close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Just purchased my first fun

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Jay Bizniss, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss

Aug 27, 2012
    Hey guys. First post on the forum. I have been looking for a Gen 4 Glock 19 for weeks now and nobody locally has them in stock.. Called one place and they had a Gen 3 Two Tone so I just left there and will be picking up my gun Monday. This is my first gun so I will be on this forum a lot gathering info and asking questions. Thanks!

2. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    Welcome & great choice, the G19 was my first handgun too. You're starting at kind of a tough time but try & get your hands on ammo & practice, practice, practice! Look into training as well.

3. chemboy

chemboy

Jun 9, 2004
    Idaho
    A G19 is a great place to start your 'journey.' I did the same thing back in 1993 with a Gen2 G19.
    Beware, however,that this can be an expensive pastime! :shocked:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  4. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    Howdy and welcome. I'm sure you will enjoy your new Glock. Post a pic when you get it in. :wavey:

5. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I'd have picked that over the Gen 4 any day.

6. glockgt

glockgt

Nov 16, 2007
    Guatemala
    Congrats, enjoy your new Glock, and welcome to GlockTalk!!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  7. MonsterB

MonsterB

Dec 18, 2009
    Congrats on a perfect first choice. If you only have one gun to do everything, thats the one. Dont ever sell it, learn to shoot it well and it will keep you very happy. Great choice, great choice, and I hope you love it.

8. kda

kda NRA Life Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    That was my first Glock too. Never quit loving it but now find I prefer my G26. But I'll never part with the G19 or regret buying it. Simply great for home defense.

It is just a shame ammo is so expensive and hard to find when you have such a great new weapon you should be out shooting and shooting and shooting and having fun.

9. OldSkhool

OldSkhool

Feb 6, 2011
    West Coast
    Congrats on your new buy! I too had a hard time finding my Gen 4 26. Could not find any locally so had to drive across the county to buy it, still sitting in the box cant wait to shoot it. Its going to share space with my Gen 2 19!!