close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Just purchased a smith and wesson model 63

Discussion in 'Rimfire Forum' started by myndset, Jun 17, 2012.

1. myndset

myndset

Jun 11, 2012
    Boise Idaho
    I just purchased a S & W J frame model 63, 22 revolver. Very nice piece in my opinion a little pricy for a 22 but the quality is there. The weapon shoots very tight groups and will shoot anything you feed it. What say you?

2. myndset

myndset

Jun 11, 2012
    Boise Idaho
    Yes, It looks exactly like that. Same 3 in barrel and grip. Just Love it. Single or double action this weapon is a blast to shoot.

3. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Congratulations!

The S&W 63, albeit just a lowly .22 LR, always factors into my short list of the "one handgun I would keep if I could only keep one."

I bought my 63 (pictured below, with 4" barrel) USED back in 1981 -- and it's still as tight and straight-shooting as the day the previous owner bought it... :cool:

[​IMG]

4. Golddog

Golddog

Nov 26, 2003
    Parkton, MD
    The older 6" Model 35 was the best-shooting J frame .22, in my experience, and was the only J frame .22 that came close to matching the trigger and accuracy of the K frames of the same caliber, at least for me.

5. Four Knives

Four Knives

Dec 25, 2009

What sight is that on the 4"? Mine have ramps...that looks different, and taller

6. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    That's a Patridge front sight. The previous owner was a competitive shooter (.22 and .45) who wanted a practice handgun for his competitions that could also double as a field piece when he went hiking. He put that front sight on to give it more of a target profile. He also put on the upgrade stocks.

He had two 63's in that configuration, and decided to part with one of them -- my gain! :)

7. LTR

LTR

Nov 8, 2003
    Muskogee
    Congrats on your Mod 63.

I have heard people over the years complain regarding the price of a quality 22 rimfire. Lots of people seem to think the rimfire should be cheaper than a centerfire. If both are built to the same standard, the price will be comparable.

Wife's Kit Gun is the Model 63
    Mine is the Ruger
    [​IMG]

8. myndset

myndset

Jun 11, 2012
    Boise Idaho
    Thanks on the congrts guys, truth be told I bought this one twice. Traded it then I missed it so badly I bought it again as a used gun and it was 50.00 cheaper. I am the first owner and the second. Go figure. Is it just me or have others done the same?

9. pck50

pck50

Oct 22, 2003
    Florida
    One Very nice Plinker always liked that myself.

10. RedNine

RedNine AutomatedSystem

Mar 6, 2012
    That all sounds about right to me.
    [​IMG]

11. K3JB

K3JB

Apr 8, 2012
    The J Frame S&W 63 is a great little gun, I was amazed how accurate it is. Fits in ones pocket and is easy and smooth to shoot.
    Richard