close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Just pissing off the Glock "Purists" (Flush Trigger Safety)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TruthNotRelative, Apr 19, 2013.

1. 4Rules

4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
    Only after several NYPD officers had experienced leg-shots.

"I DID MY FIRST LEG SHOT!"

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    That's what I was thinking. Take a hair too much, and you won't push it back far enough.

Take a gun that goes bang every time, and turn it into one that wont.

3. dkf

dkf

Aug 6, 2010
    What I learned from this thread is.....

The OP has no clue how to multi quote.

Anyway IMO the reason the trigger safety jigger is designed to stick up slightly is to help ensure dis-engagement even if the shooter has soft fatty fingers.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  4. TruthNotRelative

TruthNotRelative

Apr 15, 2010
    Uhhhh, no. I know that you're not going to take my word for it.. and, why should you? But I'm going to tell you anyway. This "mod'" (unless you actually go so far as to DIG the safety out of it's slot, as opposed to "blending" it to the trigger-face) isn't going to make my Glock unreliable. I do appreciate your concern (however misguided). If you really want to understand, and you have a "spare" trigger just laying around.. perform the "mod" and do your own analysis/testing. You will find, that when you perform this "mod" as described, that you will not have the experience of taking "a gun that goes bang every time, and turn it into one that wont". It's pure conjecture on your part vs. pure experience on the part of everyone who has ever employed this "mod" in the way described.

5. TruthNotRelative

TruthNotRelative

Apr 15, 2010
    As far as the "multi quote" thing, I will work on that.

As far as the latter part of your comment, it's pure conjecture on your part as to why Glock has the safety on some pistols protruding slightly. Unless you can prove that that is the case.

6. TruthNotRelative

TruthNotRelative

Apr 15, 2010
    I would be very interested to know what some of you think of the aftermarket triggers (fulcrum, siderlock as examples), that all have the trigger safety "blended". I have looked, and so far, I cannot find an aftermarket trigger that has the trigger safety protruding (ala Glock). Why the he** is that? And, have there been any reported failures because of this blending? Not to my knowledge. My guess about this, is that the makers of the aftermarket triggers have paid special attention to the comfort of their triggers that Glock has not. Sorry, I love Glocks, but they are not "perfect". I don't believe that Glocks trigger safeties sometimes protrude slightly by "design". I just think it was an "oversight". I could be wrong. But until Glock chimes in and tells me otherwise, I will stick to my view on this, and, more importantly, my experience having never seen, heard of, read about, or personally experienced any failure with this "mod".
    Continue to "flame" away.

7. schapman43

schapman43

Jun 15, 2000
    This would my main concern also.

8. Yep, I did the exact same thing on my 26.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the 26, because of the shorter barrel length, part of their "importation point" system, requires it to have a "serrated target" trigger. Not only were the ridges annoying, but the safety poking me was a no-go. Didn't know this would upset anyone though, it's my gun.

9. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Trigger bite :rofl:

Let me guess, the Glock grip texture is also too rough on your hands. Better get a Hogue :rofl:

10. E the B

E the B

Mar 21, 2011
    I did the same mod. No problems after about 1000 rounds, much more pleasant to shoot

Sent from my phone

11. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

For CCW and range use you will probably never have an issue. But Glocks were designed as military weapons and that is why the safety protrudes the way it does.

Shaving that little piece of plastic down flush can very easily cause a problem under severe conditions.

Edit: Those of you who have done this modification and live in cold climes should spend a morning at the range wearing gloves just to be sure there isn't a problem.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

12. The particular attorney who's card I carry in the event I ever have to use my firearm is more concerned with showing the court that my actions were excusable, or justifiable depending upon the time of day, rather than making me look good. This is his arena and he is very good at it.

As for your comments, I would be more concerned about the people sitting in the jury box than the prosecutor. And in my state more often that not, good shoots get no billed.

The point I was trying to make is that with an affirmative defense, you freely and willfully admit to shooting the BG. You admit that your actions were deliberate and not the result of an AD or NG or anything of the sort. You pulled your gun, pointed it at the BG, and pulled the trigger.

Having so admitted this, it is now your attorney's job to convince the court that your actions were proper based upon the circumstances at hand. And that is where the makeup of the jury is going to come into play. I have sat on a jury in criminal cases and in one instance, one of the jury members was clearly racist. She was a black lady and was bound and determined not to send the defend back to prison (a young black male). Thing is, he was already in prison and that is where he committed the crime for which he was on trial.

13. Scrappy

Scrappy

Mar 4, 2001
    PA
    Right, Paranoia to the extreme. :upeyes:
    One would never know that my safety was sanded, lol

14. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    Why don't you try the decaf bro. Your thread title with this post seems to look like you were asking to be offended. WTF?

I specifically said if it was done wrong, it would be a problem.

Lighten up Francis.

15. TruthNotRelative

TruthNotRelative

Apr 15, 2010
    I'm only asking a question here. Do you/have you ever worked/designed weapons for Glock? You seem to have insider information.
    If you have a reliable source that you can cite that states matter of fact that "Glocks were designed as military weapons and that is why the safety protrudes the way it does" (I'm only questioning the part in BOLD ITALICS UNDERLINED), I'd like to see it. I'm not trying to be an a**. But you keep stating something "matter of fact", without telling us how you know this to be a fact. My guess is that that is simply a guess on your part.
    Btw, no one here has addressed my questions/comments about aftermarket triggers and other gun models that have "blended" triggers and why they (seemingly) aren't an issue. Why is it that only Glocks trigger safety protrudes (as far as I know), but nobody elses does (as far as I know).. is this because Glock is superior? Is it because the protrusion is an "oversight" (that's my guess)? I don't know exactly, but I doubt that you do either. Unless you can cite a reliable source.

16. TruthNotRelative

TruthNotRelative

Apr 15, 2010
    The problem is, that "taking a hair too much" isn't an issue. In order to go past the point of "flush" (The more than perfectly safe point imo), one would have to either remove the safety altogether, or, as I stated in my post (that apparently "upset" you so much), you have to actually "dig" part of the safety out of the groove of the trigger face (and, you'd have to be "special" to go that far, if you know what I mean).
    Honestly, I hadn't foreseen the "big fuss" that was coming over this thread, nor did I anticipate the "Oh man! You removed/di**** with the safety!!?" nonsense that followed.
    Oh and I don't drink coffee.

17. LeMat

LeMat Jellybaby?

Aug 9, 2003
    Flathead Valley, MT
    Welcome to GlockTalk. ;)

18. Cavalry Doc

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    No big deal. But when you are describing a fool proof mod, never underestimate the ingenuity of fools.

If it ain't broke...

But it's your gun, do what you want with it.

19. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Well why don't you just blend your trigger, drop your gun in the mud, pick it up, and shoot it with gloves on?

On second thought you are probably right. The Glock designers have no idea why they designed the trigger the way they did. :upeyes:

Regards,
    Happyguy :)