close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Just picked up a Gen4 22 with a test fire date of 06JAN12

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by plouffedaddy, Feb 7, 2012.

1. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

As the title says, just picked up a Gen4 22 test fired on 06JAN12. It's got the shiny black finish and the updated ejector. I picked up a G23 in a trade and have been getting back into the 40S&W guns lately. I did a little research on here about the light issue the Gen3s had and was satisfied that the issue was resolved with the Gen4s (and mags). Like all Glocks, it's beautiful :supergrin:. Here are some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With some of its' new full size family members...
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to a range for 2 weeks due to work and travel, but when I do I'll let ya'll know how she performs.

2. SGT278ACR

SGT278ACR Retired Veteran

06JAN12.... wow, that is pretty darn new.

3. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

I remember when mine was that new looking....
    Jealous you got the shiny slide.

4. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Oh that's my birthday, wanna trade Gen4 22s I'd let you keep the new ejector? LOL

Congrats on the new purchase.

5. RowdyatHeart

RowdyatHeart

Called Glock in Smyrna seconds ago. The helpful gentleman told me to look for an extractor with the number "28926" and a recoil spring of "014".

6. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Yup, that's what I've got.

7. GlocksterINtraining

GlocksterINtraining

Looking good! I am also a Gen4 22 owner but was an early adopter. With your fresh off the assembly line Glock 22 - I have a question. I ask this stickily out of curiosity... not trying to stir anything up.

In the nose of your slide where the spring rests... do you have the "counterbore" where the spring coils typically rest as they did in the Gen3s?

Look at the second picture of this post, and it will be clearer as to what I am asking about.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16738783&postcount=20

I think the latest springs for the Gen4 and the "cap" that contains the ending coil(s) make this counterbore no longer necessary (i don't have the counterbore on my gen4 slide and was not happy at first, but the newer springs fixed my issues). I am just wondering if Glock dropped it from the manufacturing process all together since the new "capped" 014 springs have that solid "seated" feel now.

One less manufacturing step would be a big cost savings one would think.

Just curious.

Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  8. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

pd,

You are on a roll, man! Good catch, too. I wasn't going to get another .40 until I ran across a refurb Gen4 w/night sights for an excellent price! It's got the new internals and is a lot more fun to shoot than the G27 I carry.

I am currently awaiting an order for a .357 SIG barrel, but the back ordered "." connectors have kept the order in limbo since 12/28!

Congrats on your new Glock!

9. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Glockster--Just took a pic; this should answer your question better than words...
    [​IMG]

Beanie--Thanks. I recently got a promotion and I basically view the extra money as a gun and ammo slush fund! :supergrin:

10. GlocksterINtraining

GlocksterINtraining

Thanks for the picture.

There goes my counterbore theory... hehe.

I still feel that it *might* be dropped from the design at some point. The newest springs seem to eliminate the need.