close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Just picked up a G21

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GasTurbine, Nov 1, 2012.

1. GasTurbine

GasTurbine Porschey Power!

Jan 6, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Just picked up a G21 for a song. It is in PERFECT shape inside...doesnt even look like its been fired. The outside has some very very light wear on the slide corners towards the front, obviously holster wear as the PO said it was a police trade. As well of a bit on the slide release.

The gun shoots out perfectly, and since I have large hands I dont find it too "bulky" or large, however, the night sights are pretty dim.

Other than that, are there any pitfalls/footnotes/personality traits I should know about this model/gen?

Im also having trouble tracking down the serial number. It starts with "BGGxxx". Any help on that would be appreciated too.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    Congrats the 21 is such a nice shooter even with +P loads. Yours would appear to be a late 2nd generation.

3. Spartacus100

Spartacus100

Oct 14, 2011
    Allen TX
    I have one too that was a police trade in and i absolutely love it. It alternates between myG27 as my EDC. The G21 is a blast to shoot as it is such a soft shooting .45. The only pitfall i can see is the cost of the ammo. other than that, its my favorite Glock.

4. JBnTX

JBnTX Texas

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    The biggest problem with the Glock 21 is that it's known to eat up all your 45acp and not even say thank you.

Other than that you're good to go.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  5. Brick_Top

Brick_Top

Apr 25, 2012
    I had a 21 and sold it. It was a great gun but I was broke and made a couple hundred bucks off it. I will have another one someday.

6. rustytxrx

rustytxrx

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    Nice pistol. I use mine for steel plates and pins. I'd use it practical pistol matches but as stated a case of 9mm is $200+ and case of 45acp is 400+. If you shoot practical pistol with some practice thrown in ya shoot 5k to 6k a year

Y'all like the g21

Rusty
    Texas, I luv u

7. GasTurbine

GasTurbine Porschey Power!

Jan 6, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Just an FYI, I have over 20 handguns...4 of them in .45 so Im used to the use.

Currently, my Kimber 1911 is the biggest .45 feeder in the house. :supergrin:

Thanks for all the replies!

8. seventrs

seventrs

Dec 22, 2000
    Marietta, GA
    g21s are great shooters and excellent woods guns. Another one is in my future along with a 10mm top end.

9. t4terrific

t4terrific

Sep 8, 2011
    That, and it puts those large .45 caliber holes in the middle of the targets ruining them so fast that you are always having to replace them.

10. judgecrater

judgecrater

Dec 24, 2011
    north GA
    If mine has a fault, I have not found it yet. [​IMG]

11. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    PRK
    Based on the serial number.