Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Just ordered new sights for my 23

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by sigchaser723, Aug 4, 2011.

1. sigchaser723

Jul 20, 2010
    Well I took the plunge and ordered some new sights for my glock 23. It currently wears a set of XS sights and I just cant seem to make them work for me. (I know its me and not them since others can and have shot it well). My 19 has a set of warren tactical two dot sights and my 17 a set of trijicons. so after much debate I decided to try something different. I thought about what I liked and disliked about each set. For example I love the visability the front sight on the 23 has you honestly cant miss that dot. I love the warrens but dislike how hard it is to pick up the front sight fast. The trijicons well they are the old standby but I honestly dont see a need for the rear dots anymore. So after much debate I ordered an Ameriglo I Dot Pro front sight (orange with the tritium dot) but I didnt like the huge notch of the rear they offered so I also placed an order for a 10-8 rear sight .156 notch. Not sure how they will work but I am hopeful and will post a range report after they arrive and I make the install. So whats the reasopn for this post? None really I am just excited about my purchase :whistling:
  2. up1911fan

Mar 12, 2009
    Upper Michigan
    Sounds like a good set up to me.

3. bmylesk

Jul 2, 2010
    SLC, UT
  4. Stevie

Jan 21, 2000
    Torrance, Ca. L.A.
    Putting together the same set up now for my G23. Tried the 10-8 rear .140 with the same Ameriglo front. Decided I needed the .156 10-8 to give me a better sight picture.

I installed the I-Dot sight set on my G27 and like it much.
  5. sigchaser723

Jul 20, 2010
    Just installed them and they look great but I haven't had time to hit the range yet. They feel very fast and I feel they will offer that accuracy I am looking for.
  6. alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    Won't be able to hit the broadside of a barn with those!:supergrin:

Just kidding, hope they are everything you were looking for.

Ameriglo I Dot Pro front sights never scared me, but marsupials do! Because their fast!:rofl:
  7. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo Tacticool brah!

Jan 16, 2010
    I got standard Trijicon yellow and greens on my G23 and I love it.... Might want to upgrade to the new Trijicons but right now Im happy