close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

just got my first 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by allen.m, Jan 18, 2010.

1. allen.m

allen.m

Sep 16, 2009
    I have to say i love this gun, it is a kimber pro carry 2 and it is fantastic i was shocked at how well it shoots. i shoot my glocks ok but this thing is a nail driver, unbelievable! just wanted to share my excitement!

thanks for listening!

2. Nicko

Nicko GTDS FOR LIFE

Apr 13, 2007
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Congrats. The Kimber Pro carry II is also on my list of guns to get really soon.

3. krunchnik

krunchnik THE CROW

Aug 24, 2009
    Lakeland,TN
    I really like the Pro size pistols,and you have a great one there,but
    :needspics:

4. john58

john58 BHO is a LIAR!

Mar 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, La
    Congrats on your new Kimber. Now how bout some pics?

5. Congrats!:cool:

I just picked up a Pro TLE last weekend. I'm very impressed with the quality and performance of the gun. If all continues goes well, she'll become my primary off-duty pistol

6. allen.m

allen.m

Sep 16, 2009
    I am at work right know so i'll get some pics up when i get home. As far as getting another one i would like a full size, but that will just have to wait for now. :whistling:

7. MoCop

MoCop

Jan 2, 2005
    Missouri
    Congrats. Kimbers are good guns.

Enjoy

8. allen.m

allen.m

Sep 16, 2009
    Here are some pics, not that great but here they are.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  9. RMTactical

RMTactical www.AR15pro.net CLM

Oct 7, 2000
    Behind an AR-15
  10. snaproll

snaproll

Nov 29, 2009
    Kimber makes a great 1911 and I have owned two for years and never had a problem. Might be a good time to consider reloading and discover another fun hobby that saves you money.

11. allen.m

allen.m

Sep 16, 2009
    Ok, I have shot about 400 rounds through it now and had some questions. first, is it normal for the barrel hood to get scuffed up? it functions fine, just wondering if that's normal? Second, I was reading that i should change to recoil spring evey 800 rounds, is that really necessary?

12. DAT85

DAT85

Mar 15, 2009
    CINCINNATI OHIO
    Greetings,
    Yes the bbl hood will get scuffed and with the 7 1911's that I own ,all show "wear" or "scuffing"on the hood.As far as the round count before changing recoil springs,call Kimber and ask.That's what I did with my Les Baer.Staying with what the manufacturer recommends works in your favor if you ever need to use the factory warranty.

Regards,
    DAT85