Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Just Getting Started

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by dirtyjoe, Apr 17, 2010.

1. dirtyjoe

Apr 14, 2010
    Finally got all my equipment in. Lee Classic Turret and extras. I am on a tight budget but did splurge on a RCBS 750 electronic scale. Bench should be done in 2 or 3 days. I got 2 buckets of law enforcement range brass and have a lot of 357 sig brass that I do not have a weapon for. Much is Winchester nickled plated, I did not sort the brass ones by head stamp. Would any one be interested in trading 45 acp for it? Not sure about all the rules of the site yet. I live in Tennessee. Looking forward to all the future help from all of you. From reading the threads I can see that I will benefit from your experience. dirtyjoe
  2. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

Jan 25, 2008
    Clarksville, Tn.
    Howdy and good luck on getting started on reloading. I have been doing it for a few years and enjoy it greatly.
    Another good site for us Tennesseans

3. RustyFN

Sep 29, 2006
    West Virginia
    Welcome Joe. The classic turret is a great starter press and I thinkyou will be very happy with it. If you have any set up questions let us know. There are a lot of us classic turret owners here.
  4. fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    Well done, you are now imancipated from the woes of factory ammo! Drop me a PM, I have quite a bit of 45acp brass if you want to do a trade of some kind. I only need another 500 or so, probably fit in a small flat rate box.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  5. Black Dog

Black Dog

Dec 16, 2009
    Like DJ I also just got the Lee Classic Turret Kit and Lee die sets to get started in reloading. I think I read while scanning for info here that the new dies need cleaning ? Is alcohol or mineral sprits, followed by CLP good ?

6. fredj338

Dec 22, 2004
    You do NOT want any oils inside the sizing die at least. You want to clean them to remove any machining chips or polish left from manuf. I just use a spray degreaser, then go.