close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Just fondled a M&P Shield

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by DaBurna, Apr 17, 2012.

1. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    The S&W Rep just left my local store with a model. I can say if feels GREAT & SOLID in hand!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    The LGS didn't even know they were out! Lol!! They just out in their orders for 10 of them...

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    Not all that rare, Ive been to a few shops where this has happen in the past. But you get clueless or not up to date people in many jobs.

:50cal:

4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I was at Academy Sports yesterday and asked their "gun experts", :upeyes:, about the Shield and they were all scratching their heads. I just said nevermind and moved on.

5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    My point exactly, :brickwall:, I avoid things places like this, the heads aches arent worth it. I was at a shop a few weeks ago that said the only difference in the Gen 4 and 3 Glocks are they texture .[​IMG]

:50cal:

6. hdman30

hdman30

Dec 31, 2007
    To heck with the fondle thing.....I bought a Shield today! I must admit I'm a huge fan of the G26, but the Shield may change that. I took the weapon to the range this afternoon. I ran 200 rounds of WW Ranger 124 FMJs and 147 JHPs through the gun. No FTF, FTE, etc. Very accurate. Not a match gun, mind you, but very good for CQB.

This pistol is gonna hurt Gaston!

7. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    I'm pricing one right now.... I've located a store selling them for $398.00. Hopefully have it in hand by the end of the week.

8. azbuckeye

azbuckeye

Jan 15, 2011
    On the beach
    I had just the opposite reaction......very disappointed with the way the M&P Shield fit my hand.

I've been one of many that have been waiting for Glock to introduce a single stack, compact 9mm and was eager to see and feel the Smith &Wesson M&P Shield when I heard about it last week. I went to the local Cabela's today on the off chance they'd have one and was surprised to see one in the display case.

It's a nice looking, thin, compact 9mm that I'm sure will sell well but it's just too small for my hands. I think I'll stick with my Glock 26.

By the way.....Cabela's was selling them for $449.99

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  9. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    I had the same experience at Academy last Friday, eventhough they are advertising them on their website for $399.00 I believe....:dunno:

10. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

Jun 11, 2005
    D/FW, TX
    I want one. Still on the fence about the thumb safety, though. Being a Southpaw, I'd either want it ambi, or not at all.

11. Aahzz

Aahzz Who?

Sep 7, 2001
    Union, KY
    The safety has a VERY firm feel - you can easily leave it off with no fears that it would go on by accident. It takes a very deliberate push to activate.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  12. pmcjury

pmcjury

Nov 4, 2008
    My lgs got their first one in today, and I bought it while I was there. 447 out the door. I just have to go add it to my permit and I can pick it up tomorrow.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

13. Bashful

Bashful

Jun 4, 2007
    Baytown, Texas
    Picked mine up Saturday at Academy... Web site said they were available at 'select' Academy stores... I guess the one I walked in was 'select'.

14. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    U getting one BAC?