close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Just bought the new Ruger SR-22 pistol

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by mrgreentie, Feb 20, 2012.

1. mrgreentie

mrgreentie

Jun 18, 2009
    I love this gun!

I took it out this weekend and shot about 350 rounds through it. I shot 4 different types of 22lr ammo without a single hiccup. It was also super easy to clean. I had owned the P22 but the controls were not to my taste (mag release on the trigger guard). Regarding accuracy, shooting offhand at 15-yards, I was getting 1.5"-2" groups without a problem.

Ruger has a winner with this pistol!

Here is a link to it in my GunZoo GunVault: http://gunzoo.com/vault/Mac/595

2. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Feb 6, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    Good stuff. I will be looking to add a .22 semi to my collection soon. I have a mosquito that I have liked a lot for a while...but I think it is at about the end of it's life cycle. I have had a lot of fun with it, but I don't think it was built to last a super high amount of rounds.

My dad has a p22 that he really likes...and he said its easy to take apart and clean, but its a pain for him to put back together..you said the Ruger doesn't have this issue?

3. FCastle88

FCastle88

Sep 24, 2009
    PA
    Hows the trigger? is it basically the P22 with an aluminum slide?

4. mrgreentie

mrgreentie

Jun 18, 2009

The trigger is about 9lbs in Double-action mode and 5lbs in single action. It differs from the P22 by having a mag release behind the trigger guard not on it like the P22, and it has a lever for easy take down, also it has a built in de-cocker.

Love it!

5. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    NICE!!!
    I wish I would have waited for the Ruger to come out before I bought the Sig Mosquito, it's picky about ammo:steamed:

6. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Dec 21, 2002
    Texas
    Bought mine last week. Been shooting it most every day.

Received a Crimson Trace "Rail Master" laser for it today. Going to be doing a lot of low light semi auto practice with the Ruger.:)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012