close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Just bought my first real 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by HKUSP9SD, Dec 30, 2012.

1. GunBugBit

GunBugBit

Dec 19, 2010
    I don't own one but I handled one and it seemed like a well made 1911. They are getting good reviews from owners. Enjoy!

2. mark68

mark68

Jun 14, 2009
    texas
    I haven't had a single problem out of mine with about 200 rounds in and cant wait until I have the chance to get a look at the commander.

3. Rustin

Rustin

Oct 12, 2011
    Central Ohio
    I've only heard good things about this Ruger. Congrats.

4. HKUSP9SD

HKUSP9SD

Aug 18, 2012
    AZ
  5. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
  6. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Jan 1, 2010
    A cat box in WA
    Nice:thumbsup:
    Yea,seems ammo is real scarce in places.
    I started reloading right after I bought my 1911 so I could shoot it more.

7. HKUSP9SD

HKUSP9SD

Aug 18, 2012
    AZ
    Just got back from walmart with 200 rounds of remington and winchester .45's! Also scored a box of 100 remington JHP 9mm. Everything else was gone. No .22 or .40s&w. Was looking to stock up but 45 is what I really needed so I am happy lol.

Also got a blackhawk holster for my 1911. I can't wait to take her out to the range!

I have been looking to start reloading if the prices stay down on the reloading components. It seems like its going to be the only way to keep shooting on my budget lol.

8. JimA

JimA

Aug 2, 2009
    SE Michigan
    I really like my SR1911. I have been running 200 Grain LSWC in it lately and it shoots great. When I first got it ammo wasn't that hard to get. I shot several boxes of fmj target stuff through and several hundred of my fmj reloads. Then I tried several different HP defensive loads. All worked great. For now I will be shooting only my lead reloads through it.

9. Very nice. Enjoy that new pistol. tom.:supergrin:

10. I just saw my first Big Foot today in the Ocala National Forrest. I'm still waiting to spot a Ruger 1911 in Florida.

11. IronWalnutz

IronWalnutz

Feb 3, 2013
    SE, PA
    HAHAHA! It's been the same for me in PA.

Great pick up Dep Tom. I have a couple Rugers in the stable, they are well built and great shooting firearms.

12. Glad you found one quick I looked for mine over a Year before I found one.? Great gun.