close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Just bought ak-47 pistol

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by CarloTwoGuns, Dec 26, 2012.

1. CarloTwoGuns

CarloTwoGuns

Jul 24, 2008
    Any site tell you how to take it apart and such? .. Looking to change up the wood grips and a few other things ..

2. Inebriated

Inebriated

Feb 20, 2012
    For rifle disassembly
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFiHgFFyZW0"]AK Disassembly Assembly Field Strip HD - YouTube[/ame]

For upper handguard removal
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL4aTqQOZf8"]AK-47: Easy Upper Hand Guard Removal (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

For lower handguard removal
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q52eRe28DQw"]AK-47: Lower Hand Guard Wobble Fix (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

3. CarloTwoGuns

CarloTwoGuns

Jul 24, 2008
    Wow thanks man ..

Do you know if regular AK handguards and such will fit the pistol?

4. CarloTwoGuns

CarloTwoGuns

Jul 24, 2008
    Century arms zastava pap m92pv draco ak style pistol 7.62x39 cal

5. Inebriated

Inebriated

Feb 20, 2012
    Yeah, that'll take standard furniture.

6. Inebriated

Inebriated

Feb 20, 2012
    No problem, enjoy your new noise-maker!

Any plans to SBR?

7. roguedaddy

roguedaddy

Dec 7, 2008
    Glocktropica
    I picked up one of those a few weeks ago. Lots of fun! Thinking about going the SBR route but will at least wait to see what happens over the next couple of months.
    I would like to go ahead and do something about the fireballs coming out the end. Any recommendations?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. CarloTwoGuns

CarloTwoGuns

Jul 24, 2008
    Not sure .. Im thinking about it ..

9. Slackinoff

Slackinoff

Sep 20, 2011
    Texas
    Nice ak, so does this make you CarloMoreThanTwoGuns?:tongueout:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  10. I'M Glockamolie

I'M Glockamolie

Jun 23, 2006
    Houston
    I bought the same thing the Friday after Obama was reelected. I haven't had the chance to make some fireballs with it yet, but it looks like a lot of fun.

11. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Really, I have been racking my brains out trying to find a specific quad rail, and it will take standard Ak quad rails? That would be awesome. That would open up the playing field a lot more than the MI that are out of stock virtually everywhere.

12. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    If that picture is you, I watched your Youtube video awhile back.

13. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    Oh yes, it's me :wavey:

That shot is actually from a video that's not done yet (review on the new 26mm Manticore Nightbrake [excellent brake by the way; the review will be posted here in a week or two]).

14. Okaraider

Okaraider

Sep 5, 2008
    I do not believe the M92s use normal AK wood. I believe Krink wood may work. There is a specific MI rail for the M92.

15. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Yeah, I saw that, and I like it, unfortunately everyone else does too apparently. It is out of stock pretty much everywhere. For fun I called the MI number when they were closed and it essentially said that they were out out of magazines and ammunition due to the "threat against our Second Amendment Rights" and have no idea when any of those items would be back in stock. Apparently, they also have public showroom, and they would be closed New Years for inventory and to spend time with their families.

I am big fan of their BUS's, I have one on my Colt AR. I can only imagine their quad rails are the same stellar quality.