close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Just bought a G35

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jeffb1911, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Hello GT members! First post here. I am new to Glock, but not new to guns. I thoroughly enjoy shooting 1911's, and thought the 35 would be the best fit for me after firing a 17, 19, 23, 26, and the 35. School me on what I just bought! BTW, I wont be in possession of it until 5:30PM CST. I hate these waiting periods!

2. ss30378

ss30378

Mar 14, 2012
    Alabama
    Congrats!!! Fun gun, I have the 24. You'll enjoy the long sight radius, and how controllable it is. the 5.3in barrel will get you nice ballistics. As i'm sure you know it has a lighter trigger than the standard models (still can be improved though). Don't be afraid to take it out far (like 100 yards) youll be surprised how accurate they can be with ammo it likes. If you are a hand loader want some loads pm me. Otherwise enjoy the gun!

3. Jim85IROC

Jim85IROC

Jan 26, 2013
    Vermont
    I just bought a G35 myself last weekend. Unfortunately, I still haven't had time to shoot it. :(

4. TRIGGER_1

TRIGGER_1

May 24, 2008
    Athens, Georgia
    Jeff.....Congrats to you......:supergrin:

I really enjoy my G35.....I bought 9mm and .357 Sig barrels for it too....3 guns in one.....:supergrin:

5. Thanks for all the positive feedback! It's a gen 4 btw. I did a lot of searching before i decided on the 35.

6. Markel

Markel

May 11, 2012
    Good choice. I have one as my HD gun with a TLR-2s. Great combo and the TLR fits perfectly. I shoot it most often with a KKM barrel in .357 SIG.

7. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
  8. TLR 2 looks really nice, it's not a cheap light though! I might just steal my cheap light off my AR if I need one. Any other suggestions for upgrades or possible convenience modifications?

9. Markel

Markel

May 11, 2012
    Yes actually. 1911s are my favorite pistols and I've found that the Gen4 Grip Force Adapter straightens the backstrap of the Glock to be very much like a 1911. Adds a beaver tail too. Just be sure and follow the installation instruction on their website to get a proper fit.

10. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359695732.186420.jpg
    Thanks for the tip! I'll check that out too. I've gotta get this thing to the range now and see what it'll do!

Attached Files:

11. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

Ahhh yes, the G35! Fantastic pistol all the way around. I have a Gen4 model and it's great.