close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Jumping rope for cardio. Any tips?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by bluemeanie, Feb 7, 2005.

1. bluemeanie

bluemeanie Lospeedhidrag

I am getting into the old school, wrestler-type workouts, and I snagged a jump rope last time I was in an athletic store.

Does anyone here routinely use one for their cardio? If you do, do you more or less replace running with your jumprope workout?

If you use one for any type of interval training, I'd especially be interested in that.

2. Willard

Willard Who, me?

Jan 2, 2000
    Here's what I usually do when using a jump rope:

Jump 3 minutes

perform a set of strength exercise

Jump 1 minute

one set

Jump one minute

etc

Jump 3-5 minutes at the end.

NO REST - either lifting, or jumping for entire workout.

Good luck!

3. bluemeanie

bluemeanie Lospeedhidrag

Exactly the kind of stuff I'm lookin for, thanks. As the winter gets a little worse, i'm trying to stay out of the weather as much as possible. Our karate instructor demands we work out outside in any condition but lightning, and that's enough for me.

I think I can do this in the garage, and work my heavy bag or shadowbox in between sets of jumprope, too.

4. Slotback

Slotback Glock 35 Millennium Member

Dec 23, 1998
    Texas
    Using a jumprope on some kind of a circuit, as mentioned above, is excellent. I do that regularly. The other suggestion, is take your rope out to the track. Run a lap, skip rope, run a lap, skip rope. It's a good variation.