Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Judge: Zimmerman defense gets to see Martin's records

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by stormspotter, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Even more important from the article,

"In regards to the emergency motion, O'Mara said in the filing he that he learned during a recent deposition of police Sgt. Joseph Santiago that investigators held several meetings in the weeks after the shooting and reached a consensus that Zimmerman should not be charged with a crime.

O'Mara contends that information was only learned through a question during the deposition of Santiago and that the state never disclosed the existence of the meeting or what was discussed during them.

"If all those witnesses had a similar opinion, I'm very concerned of what the basis for the prosecution is," O'Mara said. "We certainly now have a lot more to look into. I didn't know we'd be going down this path. Now it's been opened up to us, we're going to investigate it to wherever it leads us."

2. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

Perhaps it's a politically correct appeasement to keep the illiterate, low-IQ, feral urban underclass from acting up.....or acting out. Don't know where they find the statutory authority to do so, but that's what it is.
  3. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2012
    The prosecutor was pressured to charge Zimmerman with murder. Anything less would have caused riot among the "urban underclass". The thinking was that by the time Zimmerman was acquitted (and he will be), the natives would not be so restless.

Of course, if Zimmerman is acquitted and the "urban underclass" is still in an uproar about Obama losing, he'll could break loose.
  4. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Aug 31, 2012
    terra nullius
    It's facinating how citizens who stand up for justice and fairness in our legal system are considered 'urban underclass' and vigilante and posse mentality is the norm.

The hypocrisy is almost as distasteful as the ignorance.
    A human being was killed by a man who stalked him and shot him down and that should be legal?
  5. countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

Oh, it 's you,

Sorry, I didn't recognize you without the hat.

My my, not too strong on the idea of the right to self-defense against attack by a teenage thug.

Why am I not surprised?
  6. BlownFiveLiter

Mar 24, 2011
  7. DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    I found it interesting that the prosecutor is arguing that he wants this trial to tried in the court room not in public opinion and that all the publicity would make it difficult of field a jury..... seems like he needs to be talking to Trayvon's mamma and daddy and their lawyer who were on national news tonight not wanting the true image of Trayvon through exposure of his school records including displinary actions and social media records.

8. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    And you got proof of this? You obviously haven't read nor seen any of the news coverage on this case! Cause what you stated is a falsehood!:faint: Are you going to deny that Martin attacked Zimmerman? Remember there are two witnesses to this.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  9. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Aug 31, 2012
    terra nullius
    Proof!? Falsehood!? I believe everything I've stated is self-evident.

1. Citizens are standing up for justice
    2. They've been called the 'urban-underclass'
    3. Vigilante and posse mentality is becoming the norm.
    4. George Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin, first by car, then by foot and shot and killed him.

No matter what might be revealed in Trayvon Martins background, Zimmerman has a background as well. Whether or not either of their backgrounds is relevant to the night in question is for the legal system and evidence to determine.

Are you going to deny that Zimmerman followed and shot Trayvon? What makes Zimmerman's right to stand his ground any more greater than Trayvon right to stand his ground?

This case must be investigated. Zimmerman should be found guilty.
  10. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
  11. countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Zimmerman did nothing illegal and Martin attacked him.

Martin came back and found Zimmerman and attacked him.

there was no "Stand your ground" involved.

Martin had no right to do that.

end of story and Martin
  12. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Yep he sure did follow TM please show me the law that he broke in doing so. Nothing illegal about it! I don't see the thugs going to prison for stalking there victims? Please point out a case where a thug was prosecuted for this crime? Que crickets as you'll not find one! Also I noticed you didn't deny TM assualted Zimmerman! So when assaulted one has no right to self defense? You sure you don't live in England? As we Americans have an inherent God given right to self defense.:supergrin:
  13. jeepinbandit

jeepinbandit Sgt. USMC

Dec 27, 2007
    NAS Fort Worth JRB
    You knowledge of the "facts" is amazing. :rofl:
  14. IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    I like how both sides pretend they know exactly what happened, when neither do, and accuse the other side of lying. Hilarious.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  15. Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    Since when does someone have to do something illegal to be responsible for escalating? There are tons of legal things one can do to escalate a situation. Escalating a situation is taken into account when one subsequently claims self-defense. The fact that he did nothing illegal before shooting Martin is completely irrelevant.

Naturally, you don't know that.

Saying "end of story" doesn't end anything. There will still be a trial. The story has barely started.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  16. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    So all that has been reported in the news is false? All that Zimmerman, the DA, cops have said in the press is false? I've followed this case from day one very closely read every account. Please tell me what I've said that isn't true. There is no law that says Zimmerman couldn't follow what he though was a thief/burglar. He called 911 to report a suspicious person. TM called his girl freind! Now he really felt threaten? That person instead of going on to daddies house decided he would beat on the guy that followed him-which he did -as witnessed by two people.
    Instead of letting the prep beat him to death Mr. Zimmerman exersised his God given right to defend himself! Which under FL law is perfectly legal to do! I know these facts don't sit well with those that think no one should kill another. But thats life deal with it!:whistling:
  17. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Aug 31, 2012
    terra nullius
    None that I am aware of.

Criminals in my neighborhood get tried for their crimes. I don't know about where you live. But in an interesting twist to your question, are you familiar with the John McNeil case?

McNeil shot and killed a man on his property who had been menancing his son with a knife. Brian Epp charged toward McNeil, and reaching for his pocket. McNeil shot him. McNeil was charged with and convicted of murder. Despite Georgia's stand your ground law.

Again, you're making the assumptions as to whose right to defend themself trumps whoms. TM also was breaking no law as he walked home from the store. He could have very well felt threatened by GZ's presence. Especially after being slow-followed by him down the street.

I squash crickets!
  18. oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    You got that right.
  19. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Aug 31, 2012
    terra nullius
    Right there is where you let go of reality and float away into the world of speculation.

If you've been following the news as closely as you say, you should know that the two witness accounts were reported to be in stark conflict with each other.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.