Joy of a J frame

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by tshadow6, Jun 12, 2010.

1. I currently have j-frame fever...
    having recently picked up my new No lock 340 M&P

For concealed carry...it is hard to beat a j-frame.
    sure, there are much better choices when discussing capacity, accuracy, and reloading speed..
    but for sheer concealibility and power-to-weight ratio..... I am hooked on the j-frames.

I am eagerly awaiting some range time with my 340, and will post pics and a full report..just as soon as I can.

Keep posted!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Just qualified with my 642 today. I normally carry a Glock 26 off-duty, but like the 642 for some types of off-duty carry due to its smaller size and lighter weight. The 642 will also be my BUG when working.

3. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

99.9% of my ccw needs can be met with a J frame, but i carry a hi-cap 9mm or heavy duty loaded 10mm...et cetera....even though i regulate my J frames to BUG duty, im honest enough to recognize they'd perform equally well as my primary.

dont know if id ever be able to walk out of the house with "just" a J frame, but i know i wont be getting rid of any of them either.

4. Been carrying J frames as BUG and off duty weapon since mid 1964. Currently own a Mod.60 (purchased new in 1968), a Mod.36 Classic, Mod.637 and Mod.642. Still carry a J frame as BUG and sometimes carry (in the summer).

5. Would recommend getting a new holster.

TT Gunleather Mike's special

CTAC by Comp-Tac with regular clips (add velcro clips if you want to wear tucked shirts)

Kramer pocket holster is good if you like pocket carry. Requires some type of slacks, though a lot of LE carry in their REAR support side pocket as BUG. Specify this if ordering from Kramer as they are specific as to which side is facing out (flattened profile of the pocket holster).

6. Love my S&W 442 also!