close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Jornada PDA active sync

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by lomfs24, Jan 23, 2005.

1. lomfs24

lomfs24

Apr 19, 2003
    Montana
    I know this question has been answered before,...I've seen it. I just remember what it is. I searched and didn't really know what I was searching for.

I have a Jornada 540 (older) and I want to sync it with my computer so that I can keep up to date with appointments, contacts...etc... everything a Jornada is good for.

I know that the typical way is to download and install Active Sync (latest version... of course) and then sync to Outlook. Now here is the problem, I don't like or have Outlook on my laptop and don't feel like giving good money for a piece of software I don't like ( sorry Bill).

Is there another piece of software I can sync my Jornada to a program on my laptop w/o using Microsoft and preferably by using open source software?

2. Clyde

Clyde Lost in KY Millennium Member

Jan 28, 1999
    KY
  3. lomfs24

lomfs24

Apr 19, 2003
    Montana
    Thanks Clyde. I was kinda looking for something for Windoze but this definately looks promising too. I will look into it a little more. Thanks!

4. Clyde

Clyde Lost in KY Millennium Member

Jan 28, 1999
    KY
    Miss read OPPS

Not Free but More inline for what you are looking for

http://www.sync.com/is_desktop_main.html

Figure you may have Outlook Exppress or one of the others