close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jon Stewart Trashes Obama’s Executive Privilege Assertion On Fast & Furious

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by sbhaven, Jun 22, 2012.

1. sbhaven

sbhaven
    Expand Collapse

Jon Stewart Trashes Obama’s Executive Privilege Assertion On Fast And Furious
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart-trashes-obamas-executive-privilege-assertion-on-fast-and-furious/
    Video at link.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. sbhaven

sbhaven
    Expand Collapse

3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

When O has lost Jon, he's in deep kimchi.

4. fortyofforty

fortyofforty
    Expand Collapse

The Stewart segments are funny, and he cuts to the heart of the matter. However, it won't prevent Holder from stonewalling the committees and allowing a half-hearted internal investigation to creep along. By the way, I though the DOJ OIG was already conducting an investigation starting over a year ago. What's the status of that in-depth probe? Last I heard the DOJ OIG was obstructing the Congressional investigation.

5. Berto

Berto
    Expand Collapse
    woo woo

Stewarts's head begins to emerge from his ass, I see.....

6. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts
    Expand Collapse
    Brew Crew

Used to watch the show because some parts were funny. But he buried his nose so far up Obamas @$$ he could smell Os breath, so I quit watching.

7. GAFinch

GAFinch
    Expand Collapse

Don't give Stewart too much credit. There's online video of an episode a few years ago where he blasts Bush's use of executive privilege. Other shows and blogs would have linked to the episode to illustrate Stewart's hypocrisy (along with Obama's hypocrisy).

8. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE
    Expand Collapse

He blasted two different presidents for use of executive privilege and that makes him a hypocrite?

9. sbhaven

sbhaven
    Expand Collapse

Stewart's a liberal and he's admitted that there is a liberal bias in the media. He generally attacks conservatives way more than liberals but in this case he bashed Obama on EP just as he did Bush back in 2005.
    [ame="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-october-26-2005/executive-privilege"]Executive Privilege - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 10/26/05 - Video Clip | Comedy Central@@AMEPARAM@@http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:114524@@AMEPARAM@@114524[/ame]

#9 sbhaven, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  10. GAFinch

GAFinch
    Expand Collapse

If he hadn't reluctantly blasted the Dear Leader, then he would have been a hypocrite.

11. sbhaven

sbhaven
    Expand Collapse

Relucent or not, he did bash the President which is very telling. It shows that the media is no longer ignoring the story. While Stewart isn't really a news reporter, he's an entertainer. He is however the go to person for information for quite a few people. And at least he appeared to be somewhat fair on the subject.

Unlike Rachael Maddow on MSNBC...
    Maddow Begs Media to Ignore Fast and Furious: Just Another 'Paranoid Delusion' Like Sherrod Scandal
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2012/06/22/maddow-begs-media-ignore-fast-and-furious-just-another-paranoid-delusion
    :faint:

#11 sbhaven, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  12. GAFinch

GAFinch
    Expand Collapse

I agree to an extent, which is why I think he deserves some credit, just not too much. I've watched his show on and off over the years for its comedic value and for a liberal counterbalance to other programs. He has certainly had enough integrity to call out hypocrisy/lies on both sides more than many other real reporters and calls out reporters for not doing the same, but the highly partisan commentary to comedic ratio has gotten seriously out of control for the past year or so and became unbearable for me to watch. It got bad a few years ago and I stopped watching for a couple years, but it's definitely worse now and I'm permanently done with him.

13. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

Jon Stewart is a comedian and a good one but that's all he is. He has also admitted he is liberal so why would anyone not expect a liberal slant in his comedy.

I thought the segments were quite funny and pointed out the hypocrisy of self serving politicians in general. They also indicate that many liberals (not politicians) know right from wrong.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

14. BuckyP

BuckyP
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

Yeah, I didn't understand that either.

It's getting harder and harder for the media to cover for BO. Everyone says the election is going to be close. I wonder how it would be if the media treated BO in the same manner they did GWB?

15. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

It took a couple of readings, but I figured out what he was trying to say:

He's saying Stewart was forced to blast Obama about F&F out of fear of being branded a hypocrite.

To which I answer with two questions:
    1. Can you really read the guy's mind w.r.t. his motivations?
    2. Does it really matter why he's doing it? Probably more people learned about F&F from his program than from all the other "news" shows combined.

16. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

I think it's as simple as this:

Moe and more Obama supporters are starting to realize they have been had. Stewart is becoming one of them.

17. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE
    Expand Collapse

I always seen Stewart call people on their BS no matter if it is a D or a R. Some conservitaves could learn from that.

18. fortyofforty

fortyofforty
    Expand Collapse

The only difference is that most comedians such as Stewart and Colbert and Letterman mock Republicans for being too conservative, and mock Democrats for being too conservative or not liberal enough. It's always in one direction. Some Natsos should be more thankful that their idiocy goes largely unchallenged by mainstream comedians or they'd lose a lot of votes.

19. Z1232K

Z1232K
    Expand Collapse
    Heavy Hauler
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

:rofl:

My thoughts excactly!!! :supergrin:

#19 Z1232K, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  20. p.d.

p.d.
    Expand Collapse

Whatever his motivation, I appreciate his point and enjoy the humor.