close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Joined the "mouse gun" club

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by GSSF17, Jan 11, 2012.

1. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe
    Expand Collapse
    you savvy?

looks exactly like an autauga arms .32acp
    not similar, exactly.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 cowboywannabe, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  2. sdsnet

sdsnet
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member
    CLM

tagged for later review

3. hogship

hogship
    Expand Collapse
    It's MY Island

I believe this is the first time I've heard from anyone who purchased a MPA. I saw a video of one of these being produced, and it looked very high tech. If you have your LCP, how about a comparison photo....?

Good luck with this MPA.....it's very interesting.

ooc

4. GSSF17

GSSF17
    Expand Collapse
    ...2 of 'em

Sorry Hog, Sold the LCP....but I will try to get my hands on one and snap a pic. I have some friends that have some and will try to run one down.:cool:

5. frank_drebin

frank_drebin
    Expand Collapse
    1-man flash mob

I almost bought one of these a few weeks ago. Everything about it felt "quality" and the machining was phenomenal. I was very close but the shop only had blued models in stock.

#25 frank_drebin, Jan 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  6. frank_drebin

frank_drebin
    Expand Collapse
    1-man flash mob

Any updates? I'm looking at getting one this week and want to hear your overall opinions if they've changed. Thanks

7. GSSF17

GSSF17
    Expand Collapse
    ...2 of 'em

I really like this for pocket carry. I plan on shooting it every couple months, just a mag or 2 at a time. I have not shot it since I first got it. I have kept the magazine loaded continuously, and spring seems strong. I will post a report in about 3 weeks when I shoot it again. I don't think you'll be disappointed- I am certainly not. Good luck and will update......

8. frank_drebin

frank_drebin
    Expand Collapse
    1-man flash mob

Which spring are you using in the magazine? My understanding is that it comes with two for "timing" purposes.

9. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe
    Expand Collapse
    you savvy?

its basically a LWS copy but at about half the price, which is a good thing.

NAA tried the LWS copy with the .32acp and it went well but couldnt do it in .380acp like LWS can.

this autauga look-a-like reformed company under a different name LWS design made by MPA :)rofl: had to do that).....could be a real winner for folks wanting LWS size in .380acp with NAA prices.

10. KarlThomas

KarlThomas
    Expand Collapse

Wow. Just looked this little guy up and it looks like I can pick one up new for about $280. Looks to be pretty tiny. Seems like a great value to me.

11. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe
    Expand Collapse
    you savvy?

$280.00 is a great price! if its close to LWS quality.

im not crazy about the LWS .32acp recoil....i dont think id like it in .38acp either, and even less so.

but for that price....i might have to try it.

12. frank_drebin

frank_drebin
    Expand Collapse
    1-man flash mob

Just went over to my local shop during lunch. They had two of them @ $279 each. They also had an NAA for $350. I could not believe how heavy the NAA was in comparison.

13. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler
    Expand Collapse

I use a dri lube on mine. I spray some into a cap and apply with a 1/4" artist brush. Seems to due quite well at keeping it rust free and lubed. Good little inexpensive pocket piece, but sure isn't much fun to shoot. I can't complain though it has been very reliable and was never advertised to be a target pistol.

14. GSSF17

GSSF17
    Expand Collapse
    ...2 of 'em

Thanks for the replies...

I kept the magazine spring that came in the mag in it. It came with a pinky ext. floorplate, but that's still in the box and I have the standard, flat floorplate on it with the factory standard mag spring. Works well so far.

15. GSSF17

GSSF17
    Expand Collapse
    ...2 of 'em

12 more rounds- 2 mags with the +1 worth of Speer GDHP this afternoon, and functioned flawlessly. Both mags have stayed loaded since I bought the pistol (shoulda clarified I had 2 mags...), and pulled straight from the holster and fired. CLP is the only lube on the gun, and was applied after the initial cleaning.

Very pleased. :thumbsup:

#35 GSSF17, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  16. frank_drebin

frank_drebin
    Expand Collapse
    1-man flash mob

Just picked this one up recently. Now that they have the beavertail I had to go for it. The first thing I notice is that this gun does not like Hornady Critical Defense and they stick in the chamber. Every other ammo I have cycles flawlessly.

[​IMG]

17. GSSF17

GSSF17
    Expand Collapse
    ...2 of 'em

Nice! Yeah, I like mine for sure. I will keep that in mind about the Hornady CD ammo- I use Speer Gold Dots, which is the only ammo I have fired through the pistol. I put the finger extension on the mag as well. Congrats on your new gun! :thumbsup:

18. frank_drebin

frank_drebin
    Expand Collapse
    1-man flash mob

So does yours have the beavertail? Mine says MPA Protector II on the slide. It's stainless with a ported barrel.

19. GSSF17

GSSF17
    Expand Collapse
    ...2 of 'em

Yes- MPA Protector II with ported barrel and the beavertail.

20. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe
    Expand Collapse
    you savvy?

ported bbl? can you post more pix from various angles? also what is standard on the gun and what is extra?

thanks.