close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

John Estrada held for carrying ammo at airport

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Poodle, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Poodle

Poodle

Jul 4, 2006
  2. jojo_G19

jojo_G19

Oct 2, 2002
    Bikol
    tsk tsk tsk.

hindi mo alam kung talagang nananadya lang or talagang hindi lang nagiisip.

i always double check my baggage sasakay ako ng airplane for FA related items. mahirap na machambahan.

jojo

3. bertud ng putik

bertud ng putik

Feb 1, 2005
    cavite
    laos na kasi kaya nagpapapansin na lang.

4. It is ridiculous for one to really forget that you do have FA related items in your luggage.

5. kontra

kontra

Nov 7, 2006
    baka feelig sikat, akala nya papalusutin sya

6. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    A similar incident happened to a family I knew in Bacolod. They went to a convention in Australia. They had vests with pins, and naturally, the pins would trigger alarms. This was still pre-9-11.

While they were inside the hotel room in Australia unpacking their luggage, their dad's .22 lr derringer dropped from the his vest.

They had to disassemble the gun and throw it in the river near the hotel.

Nobody knows exactly why the derringer passed through the Bacolod and Manila airports.

7. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    diyan ako super praning, i really turn my luggages upside down and inside out before packing.

8. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Asia
    Must have been the one specifically designed to pass through airports. Ultra high tech, ultra rare. :supergrin:

Too bad Estrada's amulet did not have the same technological advancement.

9. BrassKnuckle

BrassKnuckle

Mar 2, 2008
    This is a common racket at the airport. Unscrupulous airport security personnel slip a live cartridge into unsuspecting passengers' baggage with the intent of extorting money from them.

Moral lesson: Keep all your bags zipped and locked at all times. During inspection, open them one at a time and watch the inspector closely.

Of course that's just one angle. Sometimes it's really the passenger's fault.

10. jojo_G19

jojo_G19

Oct 2, 2002
    Bikol

aaawwww, sayang ung derringer. hehehheehhe

11. gen1

gen1

Jan 22, 2005
    Philippines
    which airport kaya would have these unscrupulous airport police ?

I travel all over the country on a regular basis and that info would be useful for me.

12. BrassKnuckle

BrassKnuckle

Mar 2, 2008
    From what I hear it happens mostly at NAIA, and most of the victims are pinoys.

But it's still best to be vigilant everytime you travel. You never know if the bad eggs at NAIA get reassignd to domestic airports.

13. gen1

gen1

Jan 22, 2005
    Philippines
  14. CX9

CX9 Senior Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Earth
    Bad Publicity is still PUBLICITY. Hirap ng laos.

15. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    You can't lock your luggage when you are US-bound. TSA policy. :)

16. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home
    [​IMG]

-=-=-=-=-

...and back to what's relevant to the original topic,
    if the ammo really was Estrada's, then he should thank
    PNP-Aviation Security for catching him.

The Malaysians are quite harsh when it comes to
    contraband or illegally-possessed firearms/ammo.

17. My 1911 passed through the Manila Domestic airport and I was in the boarding lounge already last year. Since it was rare that I travelled by plane and usually did by land, and the airport had some changes, I was just waiting for them to show me where to deposit the FA. I held my permit telling them I've got an FA to check in. These people just let me through until I approached an LEO that guided me all the way back to the front. He was very surprised I got that far. The FA was clearly in a gunguard locked.

So I wouldnt be surprised if Bacolod is the same.

18. nrmcolt

nrmcolt What?

Sep 26, 2004
    Raccoon City
    Hindi lang pala ammo...

John Estrada arrested at NAIA

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Movie actor John Anthony Estrada was caught by the Philippine National Police’s Aviation Security Group at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1 in possession of 15 bullets and a magazine for a .9mm Glock handgun Thursday as he was on his way to Malaysia.

Senior Superintendent Efren Labiang said the bullets and magazine were first detected during an X-ray scan. The police found the ammunition when they inspected Estrada’s backpack in his presence.

Labiang added that Estrada failed to present any pertinent documents allowing him to possess and transport the items. Police Officer 2 Edelito Sedrome put him under arrest.

The actor was charged with illegal possession of ammunition at the Pasay City prosecutor’s office.

Labiang said Estrada was arrested last year for cracking a joke about having a bomb in his luggage at the General Santos Airport. – Rudy Santos

19. Wp.22

Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    philippines
    Three years ago my father in law was on his way to CDO via super ferry when he was checking his luggage he found a piece of live .45 cartridge good thing he gave it to me before passing the security check. otherwise he would be in big trouble. I told him via text that it is a trick to extort money.

Going to back to Johh Estrada, I have this impression na "tanga" talaga yan guwapo lang.

20. zij11zk

zij11zk

Sep 23, 2006
    hay naku... dumb ass talaga... 15rounds + magazine??? whatdaheck was he thinking... baka nga nagpapapansin lang yan sa media...

iba talaga pag tanga... madali mamatay... poor dumb ass actor...

akala ny porke artista sya... lusot na sya... ngayon... sikat sya... SIKATCHUPOY :)