JM Custom Kydex AIWB Holster

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by Clusterfrack, Jul 26, 2013.

1. I decided to give appendix carry (AKA "Junk Carry") a try, and ordered a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster. It's sized for a G17 but expect to carry my G19 most of the time. I am very impressed by the build quality and the design. The craftsmanship is at least equal to my Raven.

A few observations:

AIWB carry isn't for everyone, so have a look at this forum post. I take no responsibility if you try it and later become known as "Richard" Shooter.

So far the JMCK is very comfortable, and concealment is amazing. A G19 or G17 disappears under a t-shirt with no difficulty. Carry is best with the belt not too tight, which is a welcome change from my usual mode of carry at 4:00.

The draw is so much faster than with my MTAC. I was easily able to clock 0.90s times to first shot from concealment and expect get a bit faster with some more practice.

I'm very glad I got the longer G17 size because it helps stabilize the holster and keeps it pointed in a safe direction. Where does the muzzle point when I'm wearing it? I put a pencil in the barrel of a safe gun and determined that it's safely between my junk and my right thigh.

My Ares Ranger belt isn't easy to make work, and I'm finding I don't need the stiffness anyway so I've been using an Instructor belt. The snap loops are great. (I couldn't make the split loop work for me.) Since I use only 1.5" belts, I trimmed the extra loop material, which further reduces printing.

Some pictures follow. Apologies for the bright white tummy...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Clusterfrack, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013