close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

JK Knives Kephart Review!

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by Gravity, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Gravity

Gravity
    Expand Collapse

A short time ago I commissioned John from JK Handmade Knives to make me another Kephart but this time in maple burl and with my nickname stamped into it. I have always liked John's Kephart's and feel he really nailed the design. It is the perfect sized blade for the woods or hunting and it fits my hand perfect. As usual John did not disappoint. It's probably why I keep going back to him for my knives.
    The Kephart has a 4" blade and I ordered the maple burl handles this time. You can clearly see the attention to detail John put's into his product.

[​IMG]

I had asked John to stamp BEAR into the other side of my knife. My Dad and most of my family has called me that as my nickname since I was about 2 years old.

[​IMG]

As I mentioned John's Kephart fits my hand perfect. Perfect blade length and handles!

[​IMG]

I also wanted to make this a special package for my woods adventures and deer hunting. I asked Noah from Wasteland Leatherwork to make me a sheath that could be worn either horizontal or vertical. As you can see Noah and John are a damn good combination. From speaking with Noah he informed me he does this leather work part time as a hobby/side job. Definite talent here folks.

[​IMG]

All in all this is a damn nice package of knife and sheath. Two true craftsman working together for the customer (me). How could I have any complaints?
    Perfection.
    :)

2. minnshooter

minnshooter
    Expand Collapse

That is a sweet rig right there!

3. cosmose

cosmose
    Expand Collapse

congrats:) nice looking knife,i bet it would make one heck of a bushcraft knife