close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jimmy Fallon IS talented

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Jay9928, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Jay9928

Jay9928 Buddy Revell

Him as Neil Young playing the theme from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCLn1EYQql0"]"Neil Young Sings 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'" - Jimmy Fallon (YouTube Presents) - YouTube[/ame]

BETTER,
    Him as Jim Morrison doing doing the theme from Reading Rainbow
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBTie0F_BCc"]Jimmy Fallon- Reading Rainbow (Track Only) - YouTube[/ame]

:rofl:

2. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

The one with him as Neil Young along with David Crosby and Graham Nash belongs in the Smithsonian.

3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Reminds me of Phish doing "Gin & Juice". He did a great job! I like his version better. :)

4. 13 ROMEO

13 ROMEO 2nd Armored Cav

Jimmy will be very ,very rich one day!

5. happy seal

happy seal

Him and Springstein! :rofl:

6. LibertyPatriot

LibertyPatriot

SNL took a blow when he left. He's funny people!

7. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I am a Neil Young fan.

That was great :)

8. *ASH*

*ASH* in hell everyone loves popcorn

not to shabby

9. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Can't stand him. Annoying, a little too smug and impressed with himself.

On the list of ex SNL I can't stand. Sandler, samberg and schneider. Avoid em like the plague.

10. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

He must be talented as he's not funny and still has a show.

11. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 GTDS Platinum Member

PA to KY to NC to OH to VA to GA to NY to FL....
    You sound like a lot of fun at a party.:whistling:

12. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Yep. I don't think I've ever seen a full episode of SNL though :rofl: I just catch old sketches with guys like Farley and Spade.

Sander is.... Sandler. Ugh. His style was funny for half a movie, but he's dragged it into an entire career.

13. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

OP, I guess you don't know the real jimmy fallon. I've watched him a couple times. meh as far as being funny. fallon, like most other "entertainers" nowadays, are simply parlaying the true humor off the internet and presenting it as if it was their own.

You know GT's, "make up an historical fact" thread? In it some really funny people (on GT no less) have made up some quotes which they then attribute to well some really known historical figures. Funny as all get out! Well, fallon is now doing the same thing on his show. I'd like to know who thought of it first? The internet, or jimmy?

I'm not bashing fallon, heck, the true talent out there is now so rare. fallon, IMO, is the network using plan -b- while waiting for plan -a-. he will probably sit pretty with his target audience(s) until someone really funny comes along.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  14. Peace Warrior

I googled, for those that don't know, the prince of belair was a TV show...

wow, he uses the theme from a tv show for a comedy skit on national television? yeah, real funny. :yawn: (people are way too easy nowadays)

TV is worse than heroin, crack, meth, alcohol and bath salts all mixed into a big bag of mj that's stuffed into a hooka bowl for all the world to hit.

15. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Hey guys, I googled it and Neil Diamond is an adult contemporary singer. Impersonating a singer for a television skit?

The comedy was the absurdity of Neil Young singing the song. If you don't know pop culture, particularly from the time period when Fallon was growing up, of course you won't get it. And I'm not a big Jimmy Fallon fan.

I think the real poison is the internet, which allows conspiracy theorists to connect with other crack pots and make them believe that outlandish "theories" like 9/11 was an inside job are legitimate.

16. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

What was funny, and well done, was to combine two contrasting styles into the performance, making fun of both sources.

Prince of Bel Air was from when Will Smith was a rapper. Smith's style was smart and fresh, but still rooted in urban and Black culture. That tv show and song was an introduction of that culture to many White Americans. Like Cosby, it was cutting edge.

Neil Young is 60's and 70's folk rock. Lots of emotion, about serious topics of the day, with a rural flavor. A Northern and Canadian and liberal political slant, but still with a sort of country feel, sometimes with real early grunge, but mostly nothing urban.

So, what if Neil Young was to sing a Will Smith song? Well, in the Fallon interpretation, Young happens to sings it just like any other Young song sounds. Fallon turns a rap song into a Neil Young song.

The talent of Fallon is in how well he does the impression of Young. Physical mannerisms, and sound, and style. The humor is that a rap songs loses all its other meaning, and just becomes another Neil Young song.

The crime is that I bothered to type all this out :rofl:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  17. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

The funniest skit I recall was the Cork Sucker skit. Fallon is pretty funny.

18. DWavs

DWavs Moderator Moderator

The funny thing is that people had to google the Prince of Belair and who Neil Young is!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. Psychman

Psychman NRA Life Member

Lol touche. Some of us are getting old.

20. Peace Warrior

IMHO, the props gave him the appearance of Neil Young, which his look was very unique due to his ensemble while on stage. As far as sounding like Neil Young, Young used a bluesy falsetto voice for performing and fallon merely copied it, which it is easy to duplicate and I bet even you could do it after a couple hours of trying.

Like I said, I don't hate fallon, but for me, he is not funny enough to warrant having his own tv show. I believe he is filling the spot until someone else comes along.

------------------------​

Hey 686Owner, I didn't mean to rile up you fallon fanatics, it's just my $0.02. ymmv

And our respective beliefs on the other matter really needs a different thread... Care to start one slick?