close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jim Zumbo and Outdoor life == Anti-Gun.

Discussion in 'Ohio Glockers' started by ColGlock, Feb 18, 2007.

1. ColGlock

ColGlock
    Expand Collapse

OK I know it has been posted other places by now, but I wanted to make sure that people here saw it too.

http://outdoorlife.blogs.com/zumbo/2007/02/assault_rifles_.html#comment-60837890

Contact info:

# Letter to the Editors of Outdoor Life Online
    webmaster@outdoorlife.com

# Letter to the Editors of Outdoor Life Magazine:
    olletters@time4.com

# Report technical problems with Outdoor Life Online
    webmaster@outdoorlife.com

# Advertise on Outdoor Life Online
    elizabeth.burnham@time4.com

# To Advertise in Outdoor Life Magazine email the address closest to you:

# New York - ashley.rosenfeld@time4.com
    # California - amanda.gastelum@time4.com
    # Illinois - kristen.baumgarten@time4.com
    # Outdoor Life Public Relations
    amanda.mcnally@time4.com

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. degoodman

degoodman
    Expand Collapse
    Out of Columbus

I hate this crap.

I don't understand why many folks have to lump so many things together. On one hand, I own many of these dreaded "assault weapons" and find them fun and enjoyable to shoot. I use them in more than one form of competetion, and might have one or two set up for home defense.

However I'm also in the camp that believes that they are not appropriate for hunting, and generally don't have a place in the hunting field for reasons of game conservation and hunting ethics. Semiautomatic firearms give a tremendous advantage to the hunter, both in terms of the number of rounds he can deliver on target, and the rate he can deliver that fire. I'm firmly in the camp that believes that hunting should require the skillful delivery of a single round, and if the hunter fails, the animal wins and gets to live another day. Semiautomatic weapons, whether they wear pretty wood or black plastic, run contrary to this.

Me, I'm not a big fan of .50 BMG rifles. Don't think they should be banned, but I don't have a use for one and for practical reasons, using one around here is problematic because of our excessively flat land with no natural backstops. Don't know why others can't get on board with that same mode of thinking with black rifles. If you don't like them, don't buy them, but don't say that I shouldn't be allowed to either.

3. JSK333

JSK333
    Expand Collapse

It's nothing more than typical prejudice, i.e., equating behavior of something with a particular distinguishing characteristic with everyone/thing that has the same characteristic (i.e., some terrorists use these weapons, therefore all that use the weapons should be viewed as terrorists).

He most likely doesn't mean to do so, but he also just lumped the US Army into the group of "terrorists," since they use the M16, full-auto version of the AR15.

4. ColGlock

ColGlock
    Expand Collapse

Weel Remington gave him the boot... heck I was impressed that the CEO of Remington was personally responding to the emails, (as attested by spelling and grammer typos.)

Gerber however does not cut it, here is their canned response:

and my response to them:

5. anyplainjoe

anyplainjoe
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody special.

Where do we find Remington's response?

6. degoodman

degoodman
    Expand Collapse
    Out of Columbus

Try http://www.remington.com They put the link to their response rightup top on their entry page.

Kudos to Remington. Way to show them stones.

7. anyplainjoe

anyplainjoe
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody special.

From Remington's website:

Remington to Sever Sponsorship Ties with Jim Zumbo

Madison, North Carolina – As a result of comments made by Mr. Jim Zumbo in recent postings on his blog site, Remington Arms Company, Inc., has severed all sponsorship ties with Mr. Zumbo effective immediately. While Mr. Zumbo is entitled to his opinions and has the constitutional right to freely express those opinions, these comments are solely his, and do not reflect the views of Remington.

“Remington has spent tens of millions of dollars defending our Second Amendment rights to privately own and possess firearms and we will continue to vigorously fight to protect these rights,” commented Tommy Millner, Remington’s CEO and President. “As hunters and shooters of all interest levels, we should strive to utilize this unfortunate occurrence to unite as a whole in support of our Second Amendment rights.”

We regret having to terminate our long-standing relationship with Mr. Zumbo, who is a well-respected writer and life-long hunter.

8. pjb829

pjb829
    Expand Collapse
    Go Bengals!

Outdoor Life pulled the plug on the blog

In Zumbo's "apology" that was posted yesterday, the corksucking bastard pretended it was an error because he was tired. Bull****. His *tiredness* contributed to him losing his inhibitions, and he wrote from his elitist, anti-gun heart.

Pete.

9. anyplainjoe

anyplainjoe
    Expand Collapse
    Nobody special.

2/19/07

Dear fellow 2nd Amendment Supporters,

I am writing to thank all of you for your activism in making us aware of the comments made on Mr. Zumbo’s blog. Hi Mountain Jerky and Seasoning has been a sponsor of his hunting show on the Outdoor Channel, but is in the process of terminating our relationship. We do not support his statements regarding his view of the Second Amendment and would not have supported the show or had his endorsement on our packaging in the past had we known this. We fully stand behind the individual right to keep and bear arms as our Founding Fathers intended. It is truly heartwarming to see the grass roots activism in support of our Second Amendment, please know Hi Mountain Jerky and Seasoning stands behind you.

Thank you,

Hans Hummel
    President
    Hi Mountain Jerky, Inc.