close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Jfp

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by RTMonforte, Aug 2, 2007.

1. RTMonforte

RTMonforte My G1911

Jan 25, 2006
    Quezon City, Philippines
    Good Day po mga Sir,
    tanong ko lang kung may Jacketed Flat Point Bullet for 9mm,mostly kasi for 40 cal. lang ang nakikita ko.
    o may mabibilhan dito

salamat po

2. jundeleon

jundeleon

Aug 31, 2003
    OT, but whats a jacketed flat point designed for?
    how does it perform when it hits a target?

3. bulm540

bulm540

Jun 18, 2004
    TN
    Don't think there is a jacketed Flat point. I did shoot some jacketed soft points before ( 124s).

4. Try Tru Weight.

Bought a couple of hundreds from them before.

But these were full jacket flat points.

5. RTMonforte

RTMonforte My G1911

Jan 25, 2006
    Quezon City, Philippines
    yon nga po ang tanong ko, kung bakit design ang JACKETED FLAT POINT (NOT JACKETED SOFT POINT) ay mostly for 40 cal. bakit di po siya makita sa 9mm, "IMPACT" im sure malaki ang pinagkaiba sa round head, nasubukan na po kaya sa ballistic kung ano ang pinag kaiba ng 40 cal.JFP sa 9mm JFP kung meron man.

ASK LANG BA

tnx

6. Because when Georg Luger designed the 9mm and when it was introduced in 1902 by Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriker (DMW)for the Luger pistol, the original configuration of the bullet was conical and very similar to the 9mm FMJ bullets you see today.

On the other hand, the .40 S&W developed by Winchester and Smith and Wesson which debuted in 1990 had an original jacketed flat point configuration, also similar to the .40 bullets now.