close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jewell Trigger for Rem 700 SPS 308

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by ModGlock17, Mar 17, 2012.

1. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    This is a $200+ trigger, and it is awesome even though I haven't gotten any shooting time as yet.

Replacing the stock Xmark was easy. The tab for bolt release was not quite matching the groove of bolt release level, so a little bending with a long nosed plier fixed that. The package came with it was labeled 1lbs, but I think it was much less, in the order of a few ounces, probably because I lube it with FrogLube. Aim the cross hair, the put a slight pressure on the trigger and it breaks consistently sharp.

They gave 2 more springs, supposedly for different pull weight ranges, but I think the installed one is very good for me.

End result on installation: aim cross hair, slight pressure on trigger as light as trying to feel the texture on trigger metal, and it fires while the cross hair does not move!

Installation Tip:
    - Unbolt and release stock, release the bolt.
    - tab out the forward pin holding trigger assembly first
    - tab out the rear assembly pin but not all the way out, keep the bolt assembly lever and spring in place
    - insert the new Jewell front end first and work the front pin in
    - the swing back to work the back pin
    - fix the bolt release tab with a long nose plier
    - test with inserted bolt to see if how easily will trip: check pull weight, shock the action with rubber mallet. Make necessary adjustments.
    - lube the bolt release lever and its slot in the action. Assemble the stock. Done.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  2. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    Maine
    Thank you... but does this qualify as a "black rifle"?

3. Manimal

Manimal

Apr 28, 2010
    South Palm Beach
    And where are the pictures?

4. Has a black composite stock--sounds black to me.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    The Jewell is a great trigger. 1 pound or less is a WEE bit too darn light, IMO.

Be damn sure that this trigger will pass a drop test.

6. crnama

crnama CLM

Jan 29, 2002
    Madison, Al
    I have one and I agree they are great. Mine is set right at one pound. I think that is a little lite but I have not taken the time to increase it. It is amazing though. My groups went from 1.5" at 100yrds to .75" with just the trigger change. Well worth the $200.

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Not to sound disrespectful,......but a super light trigger weight compensates
    for poor trigger control. I never take a trigger weight below about 2.25 pounds.
    Many triggers fail a drop test any lower than that.

8. Whiskey Six

Whiskey Six Marine 0369 Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Kansas
    I put a Timney 510 in my 700 SPS Tactical. I'm guessing it's around 2.5#. What a huge difference a nice trigger makes!

Now if my Vortex Viper PST would arrive I'd be happy, happy!

And it is black. Since we don't have a precision rifle sub forum this will do.:tongueout:

9. Climbhard

Climbhard

Jun 10, 2010
    Denver
    You're going to shoot yourself!