close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

jesus did not abolish the old covenant (mosiac law)

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Geko45, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    I know, it's bad right?

2. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    LOL, it was a question, not a comment :rofl:

3. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    Did you ever answer the question, "where is 'your' post listing the atheists organizations which help mankind"? No? Why not? I can't find it ................... You realize that IS the origin of this,uh, debate?

4. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Yeah, and he answered it. Why the silly emoticon? Do you not want us to answer your questions anymore?

5. Sarge1400

Sarge1400

Jan 15, 2003
    Nebraska
    Five posts from him since you asked this, and he STILL hasn't answered.

6. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    Atheists don't really organize for much of anything. There's no need. We don't have to shuffle into a building every Sunday with like minded people to pat each other on the back and reassure that we're on the right track. There's also no written doctrine that needs to be loosely translated just the way we want it by some priest, preacher or pastor. We kind of enjoy thinking for ourselves.

And we also don't have so much BS and insanity going on in the name of our organization that we have to pool all our donations together and keep track of the amount so we can say, "See how much we give and how much we care? We're not so bad." so you won't find many atheists charities. That doesn't mean we don't give.

You seem to think it's some kind of a contest. Wonder how Jesus would feel about that.

Luke 20:45-21:4
    [45] While all the people were listening, Jesus said to his disciples, [46] "Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. [47] They devour widows' houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. Such men will be punished most severely."
    [21:1] As he looked up, Jesus saw the rich putting their gifts into the temple treasury. [2] He also saw a poor widow put in two very small copper coins. [3] "I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. [4] All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."

So just how much of a show are you intent on making of your donations vs another's?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  7. scccdoc

scccdoc

Dec 28, 2011
    Does it have to affect me to be wrong? Is it OK to murder as long as I do not know the victim? Are innocent people being affected? Like say a middle school girl whose mother has multiple sexual partners including homosexual ones? I'd say she is..............

You boys are really defending poor little 36. It's OK, I understand he can't fend for himself................

8. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012

Don't act like 36 wasn't ***** slapping you around pretty hard before anybody else showed up. The unanswered damn good questions are piling up. You have your work cut out for you.

9. Sarge1400

Sarge1400

Jan 15, 2003
    Nebraska
    Six...

10. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    That just means he was even more derelict in enforcing god's law as he should have insisted that the accused man be brought forth too.

11. Geko45

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    More equivoacating, "this is what he really meant."

Another example of dereliction of duty. He had the witnesses and they were eager to proceed. He didn't insist the man be brought forth while they were still available. He just kinda waited for the problem to go away on it's own. His actions scream the equivalent of political correctness for his day.

12. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012

What kind of screwy analogy is that? Murder involves a victim obviously (although not to you) so try again. What does the mother's homosexual sex partners have to do with a monogamous gay couple that wants to get married? For that matter, how do multiple partners even reflect badly on her? I guess you feel superior to people that get laid more than you too so you must really feel like a big shot.

What innocent people are being affected when 2 gay people get married?

13. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    You really do have trouble reading or something, don't you? I've answered you twice regarding this. Your innability to follow along is not my problem.

14. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    You are the king of bad analogies. Murder is an attack with an unwilling victim. It is not the same thing as two adults loving in the way that comes naturally to them. That you would equate the two makes you a slobbering bigoted monster.

It's none of your business. If we break a law we will be dealt with. But come what may... It absolutely doesn't concern you. Keep your bigoted nose out of other people's lives.

They aren't defending anyone. Just pointing out how utterly stupid you are.

15. I guess you don't know what "equivocating" means.

Not at all. It was the equivalent of a reversal in wrestling.

The witnesses all left of their own volition.

16. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    Guys I think maybe we should leave poor old doc alone. I really feel he's on the verge of some kind of mental breakdown. You can tell in his posts he just simply can't keep up.

17. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012

equivocatingpresent participle of e·quiv·o·cate

<table class="ts"><tbody><tr><td style="padding-bottom:5px;padding-top:5px;color:#666" valign="top" width="80px">Verb:</td><td style="padding-bottom:5px;padding-top:5px" valign="top"><table class="ts"><tbody><tr><td>Use ambiguous language so as to conceal the truth or avoid committing oneself.</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>Sounds spot on to me.

18. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    Mosaic Law does not call for a stoning of a women provided her accusers have not themselves sinned. Jesus clearly violated the spirit of the law by pulling his little reversal and blantantly ignored God's Law.

19. Nope. Jesus didn't demand such a provision. He simply let them leave.

20. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    He interfered with the carrying out of God's Law and shamed them away. And he did demand such a provision saying let he who is without sin cast the first stone. This is not mosaic law... Jesus blantantly disregarded it and in fact haulted others from carrying it out.