Jesse "The Skunk" Ventura Wins His Lawsuit Against Snipers Estate/Widow

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by GLWyandotte, Jul 29, 2014.

1. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

2. Loading...

3. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Kyle made up a lie about Ventura in order to sell his book and movie. Ventura has every right to seek redress over that.

I think a better question for you to ask is "What kind of man invents malicious lies about his fellow veterans in order to make money?"

#2 tsmo1066, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  4. If it was justified then it cannot, in this instance, be money grubbing. You just don't like him and therefore want him to suffer or have less. I get it. We all fall prey to the temptation.

5. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Have to agree with you. I absolutely despise Ventura, but don't understand a true hero making stupid **** up.

6. *ASH*

*ASH* IcutChEesE

agreed , anyone would do the same thing

7. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

You mean like the kind of guy who blames the 911 attacks on his government?

8. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

I'm with you. I think Ventura is an arrogant ass and a blowhard...but as someone on these threads once said, "You don't have to be righteous to be right."

9. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

You guys are right. I know it's a knee-jerk reaction on my part. It just galls me that this human turd keeps coming up smelling like a rose.

10. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall HildabeastHater

Third party candidates; just a bunch of nuts.

#9 ChuteTheMall, Jul 29, 2014
  11. Jesse Ventura should sue himself for the damage he has caused his career. From his 9/11 garbage theories to his ridiculous TV show, he is the one that is responsible for his downfall.

12. In what reality is one safer in Mexico?

13. SC Tiger

SC Tiger EL GATO!

Ventura is bat-#### crazy but I think in this case he was probably in the right. It certainly appears that Kyle made up the story about the bar.

The Kyle estate is going to make enough from the movie to cover this.

From what I have read Kyle seemed to make a few wild claims before he died. The New Orleans sniper thing, the fight with Ventura, the carjacking deal, and there may have been a few others I cannot remember.

Of course Ventura's reputation was already pretty well trashed by his own hand. Still though the story about the bar fight should never have been printed.

#12 SC Tiger, Jul 29, 2014
  14. threefeathers

threefeathers Scouts Out

As much as it galls me I have to agree with this.

15. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over
    Millennium Member

Obviously there is more to the story than I know - I thought Jesse would lose period. The news I saw made it sound like Jesse was the 'bad guy'.

It will be interesting to see what the jurors have to say.

Jesse was worried about his reputation among other SEALS and Service Members. He could show a lot of class with $1.8 million donated to a wounded Veterans foundation.

But Jesse is all about Jesse and money. It starts there and ends there.

16. Marcus Unrealious

Marcus Unrealious Great Sage

1. I agree with holding one accountable if they knowingly libel another. Just because Chris is dead doesn't change it.

2. No matter what any of us think, the Jury heard it, not us. They found it to have merit, and awarded accordingly.

17. Anabolic steroids explain the jesse mentality...

18. Legal issues aside, I can't imagine that Ventura had much in the way of credibility or reputation to salvage.

19. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I don't know a lot about this case...but I do know it is a lot easier to win a case when the person on the other side isn't there to defend what he said.

20. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

It's important to note that since Ventura is a public figure, in order for him to win damages, he had to prove not only that Kyle's story was fabricated, but that Kyle knew it was a lie and that he also acted with malice in putting that story out.

The fact that the jury awarded damages in the amount of 1.8 million dollars shows that they not only felt Kyle was lying, but that they believed, based on the evidence, that Kyle was acting out of malice and that he intended to harm Ventura in order to make money for himself through his book.

21. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall HildabeastHater