close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Jennings compound bow

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by USMCSergeant, Nov 3, 2009.

1. I'm interested in bow hunting, but I don't know anything about it. I've found what I think is a deal on a used Jennings acclaim bow. 65#, adjustable draw and weight, peep sight, stabalizer, pin sight, peep sight, spring loaded arrow rest, quiver and a cobra trigger release. It also comes with 5 easton arrows. He's asking 70 bucks, sounds reasonable to me. I just want something to start out with and not have too much into it. Thanks for any advice you guys can give me!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  2. Price is not bad. I would get a few books on archery 1st and or go enroll in a archery clinic. Probably the best dollars spent imho and before plopping $70.00 dow.

These clinic could be free if hosted by your state or other groups ( i.e Basspro )

3. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Honk Honk CLM

Jan 2, 2005
    Taylorsville, KY
    First thing I would do is have your draw length measured. If it is compatible with that bow, $70 isn't too bad a loss should you not like it. If you have a pro shop in your area, have them give the bow a look over.