close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Japanese Fire Truck

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by sandhiller, Sep 3, 2007.

1. sandhiller

sandhiller NRA member

Feb 1, 2007
    Sandhills of Nebraska
    Looks like the Polish are compensating for something or------ the Japanese have really small fires :animlol:

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

Oct 12, 2006
    Please tell me thats the kind of fire truck where you pop a quarter in for a 2 minute ride.

3. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

Oct 12, 2006
    Seriously, how on earth could that be considered a fire truck. I know they don't have NFPA standards and all that like we do, but still... I think to be considered a true fire truck (and not a utility/brush/etc.) it should have at least a 300 gal. tank, 200 ft. of attack line (1 3/4 or larger), 500 feet of supply line (4" or wider... I don't consider 3" large enough unless you have dual 3's), 50 feet of ground ladders, 3 extinguishers (dry chem, water can, CO2), two sets of irons, and all the other misc stuff that comes on a truck. Note that's the MINIMUM... over here our engine has 1,000 ft. of 5" supply line, two crosslays of 200' each, a 400' apartment load (200' deuce and a half with a gated wye attached to 200' of 1 3/4), 50' trash line, 200' front bumper line, 1000 gallon tank.

4. sandhiller

sandhiller NRA member

Feb 1, 2007
    Sandhills of Nebraska
    It's the real deal. A fellow fireman imports mini pickups just like this only with a flatbed to sell to ranchers. They use 'em like an atv. He saw this on the auction and just had to have it. Kind of a novelty item. There is no tank at all, it is just a pumper.

5. Tvov

Tvov

Sep 30, 2000
    CT,USA
    That's what I thought when I saw it, a mini-pumper.

Still, though, I would think it is kind of a limited use vehicle.

6. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

Oct 12, 2006
    Unless it can draft, all I'd use it for is to boost the pressure of a real fire truck.