close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

James Yeager is a smart guy

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ditto1958, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Roger1079

Roger1079

Mar 22, 2008
    South FL
    If you want to read an account of how that day in Iraq should have gone down, read Lone Wolfe's ambush account. A good soldier died that day. He wasn't hiding in a ditch while the rest of his unit was left to fend for themselves. He lost his life doing what he was supposed to which was trying to pull her to safety after she was wounded. If you read the account of the ambush Yeager was in, the real soldiers involved in the firefight did just that while we are able to watch him laying in a ditch not having a a clue in hell what to do except maybe soil himself.

Being in harms way and the possibility of death is a risk any soldier assumes when deployed in a warzone. He went there and left his fellow colleagues to fend for themselves when the SHTF. He failed miserably at doing his job. If he was not up for the task, he shouldn't have been there. He turned an unarmored vehicle into a sitting duck and cost people their lives because of it. Then in the report he says he ran to cover to return fire but had no clue where to shoot.

Those don't sound like the actions of a man who should be mouthing off about courage and making threats to anyone.

Why don't you check out Vicker's Tactical and read a little about the owner. Then please return to this thread and tell me that Yeager is qualified to do what he is doing.

2. Kevin108

Kevin108 HADOKEN!

Mar 2, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLl0DVzRksk"]Arnie - who is your daddy and what does he do? - YouTube[/ame]

3. eagle359

eagle359 Glock Fanboi

Mar 20, 2000
    Gretna,LA,USA
    Never met or trained with Mr. Yeager. I have trained with some of his staff. I thought the training was first rate in the two classes taught by his people. None of them seem to be there now.

4. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

Aug 9, 2008
    Kansas
    See what kind of reactions you get when you disrespect people's 1911?:whistling:

5. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    No real soldiers were harmed in the event referenced.

In fact... no real soldiers were even involved.

Outside-the-wire wartime contracting is literally "gambling with your life." That's why it costs so much to move people and things around on the battlefield.

If you are a KBR truck driver pushing the **** truck to an outlying FOB you are in a Mil Convoy and can be reasonably assured that all participants on your side of the attack will act appropriately... or at least to the best of their ability.

If you are a TCN truck driver moving paper plates and napkins, it is almost likely that your contract Convoy Security will put the pedal to the floor and hope your battle damaged 18 wheeler can keep up with a Nissan Trooper or Mitsubishi Pajero.

One level below that, if you are a Mobile PSD or Convoy Security contractor that is wounded on the battlefield, you'd better hope the dumbest private in the BDE is monitoring the Civilian Codan radio at least half as closely as all the other Nets he is responsible for, and that assets are available (according to your priority).

As for the actions of your peers on contact, go back and read the link in post #83. In my experience dealing with contractors on the battlefield, there are only two types- extremely high quality and extremely low quality.

The "extremely high quality" guys are those who have a professional background in gunfighting, have a personal interest in being there, and KNOW each other... I mean know everything about each other including how they will react in all situations.

The "extremely low quality" guys are those just chasing a better payout than fast food or auto repair can provide, and are usually either a thrice divorced recovering alcoholic Alabama State Trooper or just a life long loser with a personality disorder.

When the demand for contract security went way up, the standards went way down, and while the salaries went down too (a lot) the corporate fee placed on those positions often grew(!).

The good news story is that we are out of Iraq and the demand is normalized. The guys who did it before, and were successful at it, are still doing it. The guys who failed at it, or were just looking for a check or an adventure, are teaching "combat shooting" classes, fixing cars/ making fries, or crawled into a bottle and sucking up that good Obama welfare $$$.

6. Gunny Lingus

Gunny Lingus Think it moved

Oct 21, 2001
    I trained with Yeager when he was with OPS. I think the OP is mistaken because I think Yeager doesn't want anyone who shoots anything but Glock in his classes. People who shoot other weapons are ragged on, insulted, talked to like idiots, talked to like children, constantly told their $800 weapon isn't dependable and his $400 weapon is better, and there is a serious attempt to get them to do things to cause their weapon to fail to prove his point.

Someone labeled him as the Founder of the Glock Fan Boy Club, and that is an understatement. I think Yeager is the type of guy who wants to be surrounded only by people of like mind, and doesn't like a differing perspective. I don't think he wants your money if you shoot a 1911, a Sig, Walther, or HK. He knows those will do everything his precious Glock. But at least he saved $400 on his.

If he was after 1911 owners money, wouldn't he have classes on the 1911? He might and I just don't know about it. If the 1911 is so popular, wouldn't a Single Action class bring in a lot of money? His slogan: "If you shoot 1911, we can teach you how to keep it running". I think he is missing an opportunity to make money.

Yeager didn't run away from that car because he was scared. He ran away because someone inside owned a 1911, and in his eyes, they weren't worth fighting with. :whistling:

7. Roger1079

Roger1079

Mar 22, 2008
    South FL
    Now we know which category Mr. Yeager belongs to. Thanks for clearing that up.

8. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)
    PMCs are soldiers for hire....

9. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Sep 24, 2003
    NoVA
    Wrong.

They are guns for hire. Nothing more.

10. Roger1079

Roger1079

Mar 22, 2008
    South FL
    Regardless, I wonder if part of Mr. Yeager's training classes involve running and hiding in a ditch abandoning everyone else to get killed the second a shot is fired.

I guess the old saying is true. Those who can do, do and those who can't teach.

11. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

Aug 9, 2008
    Kansas
    I don't know the guy and don't care but I hardly see taking a defensive position before returning fire, running. He can't drag the others with them. I guess I'm not as macho as some of you guy would be to hang around and take a bullet.

12. Gunny Lingus

Oct 21, 2001
    I didn't want to get into the Iraq thing, but the way I read the AAR, the guy in his car was killed in the initial action, before he ran for the median.

It's easy being a tough guy on the internet, that's what the internet and forums like this are for. You have to let the internet tough guys do their thing, so they can feel big and bad and superior.

Yeager was a member here before all that happened. He was very opinionated and became a lightning rod for his enemies on every thread he participated in. I suspect a lot of this is residual, and is a chance for his enemies to have something to use against him.

A big difference between Yeager and his detractors, is that Yeager doesn't hide behind a screen name, which is a form of cowardice in itself. His user name here was "Yeager", and "Jim Yeager" on other forums. Yeager puts his name on his opinions and his posts, whether we agree with them or not. Applying the mentality of his detractors, that makes him more of a man than any of them.

My issues with Yeager are many, and have nothing to do with Iraq. But I won't use it to cheap shot him.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  13. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY

[​IMG]

14. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    I remember one video where he said he want the people who called him a coward over iraq to come and say it to his face while he was at shot show, then went on to say hed kick their ass and break their back. So basically was saying he'd rather commit a felonony than defend his actions.

15. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    He wouldn't be squat without the tat's.

Everyone is afraid of the tat's.

What a bad ass!

:upeyes: :faint:

What a fricken wannabe :cat:

(I can't call him gay since I wouldn't insult the homosexual community like that.)

:rofl:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  16. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)

Not any of the ones I ever worked with.

17. Gunny Lingus

Oct 21, 2001
    I think he knows that none of the internet tough guys who hide behind screen names are going to show up to take his challenge. But then, we all knew that when we saw the video.

It was as safe bet for Yeager, as childish as it was. He knows nobody will say it to his face, internet tough guys don't work like that.

18. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent

Jun 6, 2008
    My, my.

What an ugly thing to say.

19. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

it's a safe bet because no reasonably intelligent person is going to take time out of their life to go to TN or wherever he lives to call that idiot a coward to his face. It has nothing to do with "internet tough guys" that are "afraid" to say it to him. Most of us are actual grown men who have jobs, families and lives. In other words way better things to do than go show up at some retard's house just to see who could kick who's ass.

20. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    Not to mention that most of us won't call him a coward when hes threatened to use physical violence. I for one won't fight unless I have to. Not going to go out of my way to start one.