close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Jailbreak iPhone 3G with 4.1 OS

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Cali-Glock, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Feb 11, 2002
    California Sierra Mnts
    I have an iPhone 3G which was just upgraded with 4.1 OS. This phone had been previously been jailbroken with blackra1n and I thought I understood I would be able to re-jailbreak my phone with limera1n, but have been unsuccessful after several attempts.

It seems many of the 4.1 OS jailbreaks are good for the iPhone 4 and 3GS but not the 3G

Any ideas?

2. MavsX

MavsX The Dude Abides

Jan 19, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    well hello...you are in luck my friend...well sorta. I jailbroke my 3GS using limera1n, i had zero issues doing it. It is my understanding that the limera1n jailbreak is only for iPhone 4 and 3GS....

i'm running 4.1 iOS. what kind of problems are you having? any error messages?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010

3. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

Feb 11, 2002
    California Sierra Mnts
    I have a 3G not the 3Gs. It hangs up in the recovery mode.

I have also tried greenpOison, but it simply keeps telling me to try again when I go through the initial sequence.

I am so frustrated I could scream! :crying:

4. Did you try pwnage? I broken my 3g with it when it was 4.0 OS and I did my 3gs when it was 4.0 also.

BlackRain was ***** and I paid for a commercial jailbreak app, that did not work with a darn.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  5. MavsX

MavsX The Dude Abides

Jan 19, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    Yeah, i know you have a 3G, which is i said i think limera1n is only for 3GS or 4.

Anyway, what about redsn0w? This website has a pretty god unlocking area..

http://modmyi.com/forums/jailbreak-downgrading-upgrading/

there is a whole section in there about redsn0w..or in the other is where limera1n is discussed.

Finally, here is a link that shows all the jailbreaks and what models will it work with...

http://thebigboss.org/jailbreak-now

big boss is a solid site, and they host alot of apps on cydia.