close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Jacksonville

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by Marc1017, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Marc1017

Marc1017

Nov 17, 2009
    Orlando
    Hello my names Marc and currently live in jacksonville. Now i know there is a thread for intros but I have a question. Does ANYBODY know where i can find some 9mm federal HST in or around Jacksonville?

A big :wavey: to all my fellow floridians.

Thanks
    Marc

2. glockleo

glockleo The Law

Jul 25, 2009
    Florida
    Welcome from a fellow Jacksonville resident! Shooters (corner of Phillips and University) seems to have nearly everything you are looking for, but if for some reason they don't try Gun Gallery (on Beach just East of Southside).

3. BSG62

BSG62 Pistolero

Apr 21, 2009
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Your best bet is the internet. HST is marketed to Law Enforcement, so not many retail places are going to have it. You could try Dana Safety Supply on San Juan, or DGG Taser in Orange Park. Both are LE supply stores.

4. Marc1017

Marc1017

Nov 17, 2009
    Orlando
    Thanks for the info. Im guessing i have to be a LEO to purchase from them? Thanks and hello from right here in Jacksonville.

Marc

5. BSG62

BSG62 Pistolero

Apr 21, 2009
    Hampton Roads, VA
    No problem. Both DGG and Dana Safety are open to the public. Whether or not they have HST, or will sell it to you if they do, I can't say.

Check out jaxshooting.com when you get a chance. :supergrin:

6. Marc1017

Marc1017

Nov 17, 2009
    Orlando
    Ive been looking around there for a couple weeks. I appretiate the info and will give them a call in the morning. If you dont mind me asking what ammo do you run through your glocks?

Marc

7. glockleo

glockleo The Law

Jul 25, 2009
    Florida
    BSG52, I actually joined jaxshooting.com two days ago after I saw the link in your signature in this thread. Haven't yet gotten my feet under me yet over there, but looking forward to getting a foot in the door. Thanks for the advertisement! :D

8. BSG62

BSG62 Pistolero

Apr 21, 2009
    Hampton Roads, VA
    In 9mm I use Winchester Ranger-T 127gr +P+. In my G22 I'm using Ranger-T 180gr.
    When I can't get my hands on Ranger-T, I usually use Speer Gold-Dots.

9. glockleo

glockleo The Law

Jul 25, 2009
    Florida
    The only round I have put through my Glock 23 (.40) are Gold Dots.

That is, other than the Atlantic Arms ammo Gun Gallery gives me for range use.

10. wolf19r

wolf19r Problem Solved!

Feb 8, 2009
    JAX, FL
    Shooters is good as mentioned. Welcome from Jax also!

11. mr smithglock

mr smithglock

Mar 29, 2009
    so fla

shooters. love the place.

12. ABN_Chemo

ABN_Chemo

Feb 3, 2009
    St. Augustine, FL
    Shooters is good like everyone else said but I buy all my ammo at the Gun Shows. We have one almost every other month, so I stock up on it. It is much cheaper and just as good.