close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Jack Reacher movie - thumbs up by me

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by fnfalman, Dec 22, 2012.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I never read any of Lee Child's novels, so out of curiosity about the upcoming movie, I went and got "One Shot". I don't think that I care for the prose of Mr. Child. The book failed to captivate and entertained me.

So, I went to the movie with dread but it turned out to be an entertaining action flick. Didn't quite have an impact like Collateral Damage or as high spirited as Knight and Day, but definitely entertaining. If they were to make a sequel, I'll watch it. However, I won't read another boring ass Jack Reacher novel.

2. okie

okie GT Mayor

Was the whole movie Cruise tryin to get into some woman's pants:headscratch::supergrin:

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Thanks for the feedback, I was interested in seeing it when watching the previews but sometimes previews make the movie look better than it is. This seems like the a good movie to see over the holidays.

:50cal:

4. Ftttu

Ftttu

Actually, it wasn't. He pretty much didn't have anything to do with women other than turn one on. Also, I never read any of the books so I don't have a vantage point of how Reacher supposed to be. To me, I believe there should have been way more character development. He pretty much pops up on the scene and goes from there with just a quick background by other characters.

I rate it about a strong 5 out of 10.

5. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

No you know he runs away from his Gay thoughts in all his films.......or at least that's what they taught me on Family Guy as the reason for his running in all his movies. :rofl:

6. RetDet

RetDet Millennium Member

Somehow, a shrimp like Cruise just doesn't fit the role of Jack Reacher, who is 6-5. I just don't see Cruise as much more than a smart *****.

7. *ASH*

*ASH* in hell everyone loves popcorn

Jack Reacher is what tommy has to do to get atleast 5"5 :rofl:
    has to reach for it .

I DISLIKE him so bad , so no i dont support TOMMY . last movie of his i watched was top gun .

wait... i did watch Collateral , it was pretty good . that was the last one

8. mossytxn

mossytxn

I read the books for the gun stupidity. He makes gun mistakes in all. Safeties clicking on glocks. Pistols won't fire chambered rounds since the mags are loaded for ten years, etc..

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

9. wrenrj1

wrenrj1

When is he going to join " The Expendables" franchise? Is there a height requirement? Just heard Jackie Chan signed up for number 3.

10. Averageman

Averageman

I saw the movie last night and thought it was pretty entertaining.
    A good "Who done it" with the shooter factor built in, if you've ever shot competatively or been in combat some of it will make great sense. Minor entertainment factor stuff thrown in that if you have ever been in a tight spot is more than a bit over the top, but it is Hollywood.
    I give it a 2.8 out of 5.

11. nmstew

nmstew

I liked it.

It felt like a teenage boy's daydream at times, but over all I give it a solid "B". Entertaining. I like how Cruise showed the cerebral yet very macho side of the character. Fighting was good, car chases good. Intrigue and technical info on guns was good. A little predictable at times, but I was entertained.

12. Ruggles

Ruggles

I am not the biggest T.C. fan but if he is gay he must be dedicated to being so. Guy has hooked up with some hotties over the years, he was married to Nicole Kidman for goodness sake. If you can lay with some of those hotties and still prefer men then "the gay is strong in that one" as Yoda would say.

13. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Thanks for the post....been thinking about seeing the movie...but I heard they *neutered some of the scenes that were to "violent? ???

14. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

I liked it a lot. Rosamund Pike is very easy on the eyes. Love Brit chicks...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  15. Ruggles

Ruggles

Have not seen it yet but I think she was a Bond girl right? If so ole 007 is gonna kick the crap out of Maverick for taking his woman!

16. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

Yep. Miranda Frost in Die Another Day.

17. goldenlight

goldenlight

...but the waist was too small for Tom Cruise. Ba-dum.

Gay, Scientologist 'action hero'?? I don't think so.

18. F14Scott

F14Scott Luggage CLM

Spoilers! Highlight to read the white text.

I didn't like or agree with:

Reacher took away a BG's .45 and, instead of keeping it in preparation for what is obviously an escalating overall situation, drops is on the floor and leaves it behind.

Reacher and Duvall's characters winked and nodded at each other about all of Duvall's "nut job" customers at his gun range, as if only prior military snipers had any business shooting and anyone else was a wanna-be.

I also found a little ridiculous Reacher's decision to not shoot the main BG in the climatic battle and, instead, throws down his rifle to go hand-to-hand. It went against his character's overall efficient nature. He still had the girl to save.

Otherwise, it was pretty good, despite Cruise being all wrong, physically.

19. sum-dum-guy

sum-dum-guy

I am planning to see it. I like the Reacher novels, but movies have almost nothing to do with the books now.

I read the Ludlum Bourne books. I enjoyed the movies. They had pretty much nothing to do with the original books.

I assume the Reacher book:movie relationship will be similar.

20. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Sounds like my life......Quite unsuccessful I might add.:rofl: