close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

J-Frame/IWB

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by CanMan, Jul 15, 2012.

1. CanMan

CanMan Silver Member

Jun 15, 2012
    in flagrante
    Anyone carry their J-Frame in an IWB holster? I'm thinking of picking up a Kramer, Fist, or Galco. Recommendations & experiences appreciated.

2. SuperSleuth

SuperSleuth

Feb 27, 2010
    I carry a 642 in a Wraith IWB holster by Seth's Gun Leather. Mine was customized with a lower ride height. I've been using it regularly for nearly a year now. Very good balance of concealability, comfort, security, and speed.

[​IMG]

3. 7snakes

7snakes

May 5, 2012
    Carry a SW 360 in a Galco Kingtuk-love the comfort and weight. It does seem to take a little effort to draw, but this could just be due to the tightness I wear my belt. Just love the total package.

4. CA Escapee

CA Escapee Finally!

Feb 15, 2012
    I've got an old Galco Scout clip on. It has the full-sized clip that clips over the belt. It has a reinforced mouth, it's made of cowhide with the rough side out, and has a tension adjustment screw. Now they come with the J-clip and no tension adjustment screw.

The one thing I like about it is it's easy-on, easy-off when you have to remove both the holster and the pistol; no undressing or wiggling around to put it on. It does stay put when it's in my waistband, too.

I've been looking at that Wraith from Seth's, too. I like the VM-II design if I don't have to take it off and put it on during the day.

Bill

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  5. CanMan

CanMan Silver Member

Jun 15, 2012
    in flagrante
    This is good to hear.... I was concerned I'd get responses saying 'way to bulky to carry IWB, etc.'. Now it's a matter of holster choice, and doggone, the Wraith is looking like a front runner. I like the design & the price is better than the Kramer. Thanks all!!

6. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Louisiana
    I have a Taurus 605SS2 (2" snubbie in SS) 5 shot .357 that I carry in a Remora at 3:30 - 4:00.I can easily remove the whole thing for whatever reason and even stick it between the driver seat and console for a "car gun" with no problem.

I have a "SmartCarry" that I use with the revolver as a BUG or just by itself at 12:00 - 1:00.

7. Yes a good clip on IWB for a J works real well, especially in the appendix position.

[​IMG]

Notice mine. I've had it in use since CHL first started here in Texas and I still use it!

Deaf

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  8. SWIll

SWIll

May 31, 2012
    I have a Galco Stow n Go that works well. Has the full size plastic clip that attaches under and around the belt, stays put, priced well.

9. a_just_cause

a_just_cause

Mar 14, 2009
    I just posted two IWB's for sale in the classified section. I like them both and would recommend them just trying to 'reduce' the size of my holster drawer ;)

10. Bullwinkle J Moose

Bullwinkle J Moose Quick! Duck!

Mar 1, 2001
    SC
    J frame snubbies without a holster just naturally fit and pretty much stay under the belt at about 1 o'clock. I carry my 642 using a DeSantis Clip Grip and I started wrapping the gun in an UM's pocket holster to keep it off my belly.