close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

IWB or OWB

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by TTex, Oct 7, 2011.

1. TTex

TTex Cannon Fodder

Jul 12, 2011
    Louisiana
    I'm looking for a holster but I need it for open carry at the moment. Would an IWB holster be considered open carry if you dont cover it with a shirt or jacket? What about an OWB and then if I get my permit I could wear a long shirt over it? I'd like to carry my G26 probably somewhere over my right flank or in the center of my back, but again I need open carry for now and then maybe something concealable later.

2. up1911fan

up1911fan

Mar 12, 2009
    Upper Michigan
    Check your state law's, but I believe if any part of the gun is concealed ( IWB) than it doesn't constitute open carry.

3. TTex

TTex Cannon Fodder

Jul 12, 2011
    Louisiana
    I suspected as much. Looks like I will get an OWB, and then if I get my permit I may get an IWB later.

4. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    If you are legally required to carry openly and not concealed I think an OWB holster would be best.

Besides, I don't like the idea of carrying openly without any active retention devices and there aren't very many IWB holsters that have these.

5. Lord

Lord Senior Member

Jun 28, 2006
    San Antonio, Texas
    I could be wrong, but I have to beg to differ on this. Simply putting the gun IN a holster means partially concealing it.