close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

IWB options for G30

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by dooku77, Feb 14, 2012.

1. dooku77

dooku77

Aug 23, 2009
    Hello everyone. I was just wondering what different people were using for their edc. I've had leather iwb and they just don't work for me. Yesterday I purchased a desantis tuck this and it seems pretty good so far. Pics or suggestions please. I thought about giving the Galco kingtuk a try. Thanks

2. I have both the Crossbreed Supertuck and the Comptac MTAC. I prefer the CBST over the two for my 30SF, as with my other Glocks. Conceals quite well and they are very comfortable. The weight is distributed perfectly.

3. Ware

Ware

May 21, 2009
    Have you looked at the Raven Concealment Phantom Modular Holster? It can easily be configured for OWB or IWB, with several loop/hook options for each.

They have an unconditional lifetime warranty that follows the holster, not the buyer. The downside is they currently have a 16-18 week lead time for the G30. Once you have one, I think the different loop/hook options are all in stock items. With that said, if you're interested, I know where you could get one for a G30 ASAP. Just shoot me a PM.

4. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Jan 3, 2012
    NW Ohio
    White hat holster , the most comfortable one I've worn, IWB plus you can change out the kydex for different guns,

sent from my commando using tapatalk

5. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    the Galco King Tuk is a fairly affordable and ready right now IWB holster that copies the design of the more expensive and long awaiting rigs yet gives the same comfort and performance, to me anyway.

6. dooku77

dooku77

Aug 23, 2009
    There is one holster that I absolutely loved when I had my 23. It was the kydex desantis scorpion. Can't find it anymore. When I get home tonight I have to look at all of your great recommendations on the computer.

7. Theis Holsters.

www.theisholsters.com

Quick delivery, great CS, and cheaper than either a ST or MTAC

8. dooku77

dooku77

Aug 23, 2009
    The cowhide version Caught my attention just now. Thanks

9. D Fingers

D Fingers

May 7, 2011
    Most of these holsters are made of kydex and will wreck your gun. One week of carry in a kydex holster will put permanent marks in the finish of most guns:(

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. I have a G29SF and a G30. No scratches on mine.

11. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Cheap polymer holster with rivets may harm a pistol, but a quality kydex holster will not. I've carried Glocks in Blade-Tech kydex holsters since 1997 and have yet to scratch a Glock.

I carried a G30 from May 1997 until around October 2007 in a Blade-Tech IWB, straps w/FBI cant. Never a mark on my G30. Now I carry my Glocks in Blade-Tech NANO IWB holsters.

12. moishlashen

moishlashen Senile Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Midwest, USA
    I use Crossbreed with great success. Originally bought a White Hat-very nice but the kydex doesn't fit and after 3 others from them didn't work. I took a heat gun and managed to make 1 of them usable but it doesn't hold the gun nearly as well as the Crossbreed does.

13. DubfromGA

DubfromGA

Feb 10, 2008
    Georgia heat....

Not mine.:tongueout:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leather lined.

Here is my new G30 in the Silent Thunder IWB from Garrett Industries.

Custom made for you with crazy fast delivery times. Mine arrived in 8 days !

Several models to choose from.

Tons of retention adjustment.

[​IMG]

Just ordered on of his Fusion models for my full sized 1911's.

Great products.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  14. josey88

josey88 central Florida

Nov 25, 2009
    TTGunleather `s reinforced mouth "Mike Special" holster . It is a superb top of the line holster
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

May 23, 2010
    NJ
    Incorrect! Leather is actually worse. It retains moisture, that will wear on the finish.

16. wheels41

wheels41

Jan 20, 2009
    WV
    I carry all my glocks in an IWB kydex made by rmholsters.com and have never been sorry.

17. josey88

josey88 central Florida

Nov 25, 2009
    I think that leather being worst than Kydex is a bit of stretch ...

18. josey88

josey88 central Florida

Nov 25, 2009
    Kydex will destroy the gun finish because of the friction of the Kydex against the firearm ... that is a fact . Whomever wants to use Kydex is his choice ... the holster would perform its duty and work as a holster ... it is also cheap compared to a quality leather holster , but it will kill the gun finish . It is also true that many people don`t really care about their firearms finish , as long as they work . I use quality leather holsters for all my guns and they all look like new . I don`t know about this "leather taking moisture and wearing the finish" theory , but I live in Florida and my holsters are in perfect shape (take a look at my previous pics of my G30SF holster) and so are my guns ... and since when moisture wear off the finish of firearms , specifically pistols ? I use my holsters to carry a gun , not to go to take a swim on the beach with it ... just saying