close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

IWB Mag Holder - Need Recommendations

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by polizei1, Jun 15, 2011.

1. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Ok, as many of you know...I have a VMII and a CBSTD as well as a Crossbreed mag holder.

Thing is...the leather area is huge, and I'm a small guy (30" waist), so coupled with the CBSTD, it literally takes up my whole body.

I have no leather IWB mag holder to go with the VMII, and would like one. Catch is, I have NO idea who to go with! I don't really want to wait 6+ months either...so what should I get?

Looking for a single stack 9mm IWB full leather.

2. Spats McGee

Spats McGee

Oct 19, 2010
    Arkansas

3. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yes, I already have a leather/kydex Crossbreed mag holder. I'm looking for a full leather this time to go with the VMII.

4. G27RR

G27RR

Oct 11, 2010
    Texas
    Tucker Gunleather makes a good single stack model I use. They also have a double stack. They have kydex clips, but are otherwise all leather (not sure if you wanted leather loops, too) and they are tuckable.

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/maposppo.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  5. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    IWB mag holders are uncomfortable as hell. I picked up a Sparks one for my VM2. Sold it and grabbed an Occidental Leather OWB. Loving it.

6. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    Hrmm...I could probably go OWB, as long as it wouldn't show. I wear long t-shirts and jackets in the winter to go with the VMII anyway.

What is the wait time Paul?

7. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    With a 30" Waist (ya bastard....:rofl:), I think you will have a problem with any IWB mag holder. That being said, TT Gunleather makes about the best IWB mag holder I have tried. The single mag IWB holder will probably be fine. With your slim waistline, the dual IWB would damn near wrap abound your whole waist......:)

http://www.ttgunleather.com/catalog/i14.html

8. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I know...that's the problem I'm having! With both the CBSTD and mag holder, it literally wraps around my body and creates a gap in the small of my back, and makes the whole rig sag.

Maybe I'll pick up both IWB and OWB and try both. I might end up selling the CB holder if I can find a better solution.

9. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Seriously, I go t-shirt or polo shirt with shorts or jeans. ZERO issues with the OWB mag carrier. I got it less than a week after I ordered it. Occidental is QUICK on their shipping.

I'm a 32" waist and find it most comfy with my VM2 at 5 o'clock and my mag on my weakside at the small of my back.

It works well with the VM2.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. TKR Reptiles

TKR Reptiles Thread Killer

Oct 19, 2010
    Norman, OK
  11. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I like the TT Gunleather one. For those of you who use IWB holders, how is the feel? Do they get in the way? I'm just not sure about OWB.

12. I don't find the Bianchi #21 IWB single-mag carrier uncomfortable, though it does have the sweat-shield so that might be the difference from hokie's experience with them.

13. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    It wasn't that. My Sparks IPS has a sweat shield that covered a good deal of the mag. With a 32" waist, having a VM2 with a full framed steel 1911 already IWB, having something else IWB just seemed to be a bit much. Once I went OWB with the mag, it made a huge difference...at least to me.

Perhaps something like the Seth's one Okie has posted above that spreads the distribution over a wider area would be more comfortable, but I am really happy with the Occidental OWB I am using now.

14. rsxr22

rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    i would go tucker for sure, they make great stuff

15. I have the Tucker Gunleather IWB mag holder forboth single and double stack.My only observation is the clip is on top of the actual mag, making it thicker IWB. The Compact Tac style holder has the clip mounted to the side, making it bigger but not as thick. Guess it depends on what is more comfortable. I do wear a MS OWB mag holder as well, and obviously it's more comfortable. So many folks have stuff on their belts no one notices a small amount of printing IMO.

16. glock2619

glock2619 Work in Progres

Jan 18, 2006
    Rapid City, SD
    This is my experience exactly. It's like sticking a hammer handle between your belt and your hip. Wasn't comfortable (for me) at all. When I carry a 1911, it's a Sparks SS2 IWB (comfortable enough) and an old school double OWB sparks mag pouch. MUCH more comfortable. Haven't had a problem concealing the OWB mag pouches because they don't drop nearly as far down as the gun.

YMMV.

Edit: Disclaimer-I don't have the frame to CC a fullsize 1911 that well, so when I do the weather and clothing has to be appropriate. I would listen to these guys who do it all the time more than myself. For me, the default is G19 IWB or a G26 in my pocket.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  17. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

Feb 3, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I think I might get one of both actually, and probably just sell the one I don't want/like if it happens. I would actually like to pick up a OWB holster as well, eventually. Guess I should order one now if I want it by next year. :rofl:

Turns out, CB got smart and changed their mag holders now. They cut down a LOT of the leather for the singles, which I'm sure would help.

I find when I just carry the gun, it's much more comfortable vs. carrying with a mag holder as well. So I'm thinking Hokie's logic makes sense and I might just go OWB for now.

Only problem with the Occidental Paul, is I don't like front facing bullets, or is it just how it's sitting in the picture? I really like the TT Gunleather OWB, but again, bullets are facing forward. Not a complete deal breaker, just annoying. I also love the snaps, that's big IMHO.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011