close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

IWB holster - G26 for small waist?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by AGAF, May 14, 2011.

1. AGAF

AGAF
    Expand Collapse
    On a Journey

Sorry if this has been discussed 8 million times.....this is my first post since 2009.

I am 5'11'' and weigh 195 lbs. I have what you might refer to as an athletic frame. Although I wear an XL shirt, my waist is 32". I have found that most if not all IWB holsters just don't work for me. If I find one that allows the gun to ride low, it is not comfortable. If the gun rides higher, it tends to pull away from the body and create printing issues.

What have you found that works best for you in terms of overall comfort, ease of concealment, and something that pulls the gun in close to the body?

I have not tried the Crossbreed, but have read good reports on it.

Thanks!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. toshbar

toshbar
    Expand Collapse
    Timber Baron

Comp Tac CTAC. I am 5'9", 150 lbs, 32 waist. Glock 23 disappears with a large shirt on, tucked in or not. I thought it was a magic plastic box the first time I put it on and the gun disappeared into it.

3. gjk5

gjk5
    Expand Collapse
    Pinche Gringo

I am 5'11" and weigh 210 lbs, wear an XL most of the time and wear a 36" waist (with an IWB setup). I have no problem concealing a gun even with my bit of gut. Not sure why you are having an issue.

How long have you been carrying? (and how frequently?)

4. JoNxMeMpHiS

JoNxMeMpHiS
    Expand Collapse

I'm not a fan of Comp-Tac IWB(s) and I've had several. I'm 6'1" and 185 with a 32" waist. I like the Crossbreed Super-Tuck but, when I put on my size 34" jeans/shorts/dress pants, I use a Qwik-Clip from Crossbreed.

Most comfortable IWB I've ever used and I've concealed several M&P, XD and Glocks using the Qwik-Clip. Even fat guns like those mentioned are pretty easy to deal with in that rig.

Hope it helps.

5. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

Just get an MTAC, most likely you will love it. It does everything the crossbreed can and more, as it's adjustable for both ride height and cant.

Also, I assume you are using a gun belt, otherwise that's at least half your problem.

#5 Captains1911, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  6. ranburr1

ranburr1
    Expand Collapse

Milt Sparks VMII.

7. DWARREN123

DWARREN123
    Expand Collapse
    Grumpy Old Guy

An inexpensive one that works for me is a Don Hume 715 series. It has a small foot print, easy on/off and mine has lasted for several years.
    WWW.GUNNERSALLEY.COM

8. DaneA

DaneA
    Expand Collapse

I have a Crossbreed that is comfortable for me. I'm 5'9" 200lbs. I wear it at about 3:30-4 o'clock and it seems to be comfortable no matter what I'm doing. The one thing I did to make it more comfortable was adjusting the cant way up.

9. AGAF

AGAF
    Expand Collapse
    On a Journey

The Comp-Tac did not work for me at all. Very uncomfortable. I may have to give the Crossbreed Supertuck a try. Thanks

10. NMG26

NMG26
    Expand Collapse

Try a Remora no clip and let the gun ride where it it is comfortable for you.

11. tonyparson

tonyparson
    Expand Collapse

If the Comp-Tac did not work for you, then I doubt the crossbreed will be any more comfortable. Where do you carry your gun? I carry mine at 4:00. What I didnt like about the Crossbreed was way to much leather down your pants and the metal clips wear out your belt and the top of your pants. Just my two cents.

12. BailRecoveryAgent

BailRecoveryAgent
    Expand Collapse
    Rude Member

What kind of belt are you using? If the gun is pulling away from your body, sounds like you need a better belt.

13. Cycletroll

Cycletroll
    Expand Collapse

I'm 6'3" and 180# with a 32" waist. Routinely carry a G30, G21, G23, G19, and G17 in a Blade-tech Nano. Even the big guns are comfy and hide well. The Nano is the thinnest and smoothest contour holster I have found and holds the gun quite securely. I have even run and hiked with it on with no discomfort.

A G26 (which I have one of also) would disappear in a Nano. I usually carry the G19 or G23 rather than the G26 because there is not a uge difference in concealability and I prefer the ergos and firepower. When wearing a vest or button cover garment I usually carry either the G17 or G21.

http://blade-tech.com/NANO-IWB-pr-1141.html

#13 Cycletroll, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  14. AGAF

AGAF
    Expand Collapse
    On a Journey

A fairly thick 1 1/4" leather belt. It is not a gun belt per se, but pretty close.
    I may have to buy a 1 1/2" gun belt to see if that makes a difference.
    Someone asked how long I have been carrying; its been around 5 years now.
    Due to the issues stated, I've mostly been carrying a .380 pocket pistol, but want to get back to carrying my G26.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

15. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT
    Expand Collapse
    Resident Evil

It's your belt. Get a good belt before buying any other holsters.
    A good one that is not very expensive is this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=2526141222

It will make a world of difference.

16. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

HUGE difference in comfort between a CTAC and a crossbreed or MTAC. The crossbreed and MTAC use a leather backing making it much more comfortable than the kydex against your body.

17. Captains1911

Captains1911
    Expand Collapse

Like I said earlier, your belt is at least half your problem. Buy a gun belt, it's just as important as the holster itself.

18. coyote 30

coyote 30
    Expand Collapse
    COYOTE HUNTER!!

I have been carrying my G26 in a Blade Tech NANO IWB for the past month and it is the best IWB I have ever used and I've used most of them out there. The gun disappears and it is so comfortable I forget it is on. I am 6'3" and 205lbs. with a 36" waist. I use a Wilderness instructors belt with the polymer stiffener and this setup has worked well for me.
    I am getting NANO's for all my Glocks as it just works well and solved the comfort problem for me and I can carry all day without discomfort.

19. DaneA

DaneA
    Expand Collapse

For those wearing the Nano or any other all Kydex holster: Are you wearing it always with an undershirt or against bare skin? I would think that that would be rather uncomfortable against bare skin.

20. coyote 30

coyote 30
    Expand Collapse
    COYOTE HUNTER!!

I have worn the NANO on bare skin but I prefer having a T shirt on and another shirt over it, usually a button down shirt or with the weather here in the Northwest I wear a sweatshirt over it and it disappears under either cover garment.