close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

IWB holster for government model

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by josp, Feb 11, 2010.

1. josp

josp

Jan 20, 2005
    PA
    Which one do you use?

I'm thinking I would prefer a smaller unit as opposed to a VM2 size rig.
    Pros and Cons please?

Also if you have one for sale, pm or email me.

Thanks

2. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    I've been using a Galco Summer Comfort for the last several years, and love it. It is a slightly modified version of the classic Milt Sparks Summer Special. No, it is not for sale. Ever.

3. rangersniper308

rangersniper308

Apr 12, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Carry many 1911's in Crossbreed everyday. best I have found

4. I have a Don Hume PCCH that is very comfortable with minimal bulk.

[​IMG]

The Milt Sparks Summer Special II is another good IWB holster, although I don't have one for the full size guns.

5. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    I know they have quite the following but I just get these huge holsters that are seven or eight inches wide. They look like they would be rather hot and sweaty in the summer. The Sparks Summer Special works just fine for me and is very comfortable. Another one that works just as well if not better is the Alessi Talon Plus. The Summer Special is probably the most copied holster of all time, that should tell you something.

6. MacG22

MacG22 CLM

Feb 28, 2008
  7. MacG22

MacG22 CLM

Feb 28, 2008
    I've owned both, and this one lays flatter, if that makes sense. There is, all in all, a flatter package. I sold my milt sparks after I bought the MTAC. The sparks was a "nicer" accessory, overall, being full leather and all.

For me, this one was thinner and conformed better to my body over time.

8. hatidua

hatidua

Nov 21, 2004
    right here
    I've had every holster mentioned so far and am now convinced that every person needs to determine what is right for them. Yes, the Cross-Breed and MTAC have a lot of fans, but so does the VM2 and Alessi.

If it was an easy question to answer, there wouldn't be so many of us with a box of holsters that we've gone through in our quest for the perfect one.

9. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Check out a Brommeland Max Con V if you get a chance. I'd post a pic but I'm running out of bandwidth on my Photobucket this month. Very slim and comfortable holster. Not a whole lot "smaller" than a VMII, but slimmer and just as elegant IMO.

10. MacG22

MacG22 CLM

Feb 28, 2008
    Right, and for the record, I loved my MS holster, and still own an Alessi.

There was one area where I thought the MTAC was superior over the MS... thinness. And that was the comment. They both work, and the MS is more beautiful. But if you are looking for thinner, the all leather holster is a little thicker. That's a fact.

Regarding looks, comfort, lifespan, etc... all that is very much up for debate and opinion.

11. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY

I just need to own ten or eleven more and then I'll be happy, I swear.

[​IMG]

12. DesertEagle.45

DesertEagle.45 USMC 8531 Lifetime Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Heart of Dixie
    I really like my holster from Barber Leather Works.
    [​IMG]

13. Sig Fever

Sig Fever

May 7, 2004
    VA-USA
    Another vote for the Milt Spark's VM-II. Colt Combat Elite carried.

14. haha.. I have a drawer full of holsters too. I just get tired of one after a few months and want to try something different. I think I might just end it with a milt sparks with shark trim and have a yard sale of holsters :supergrin:

15. josp

josp

Jan 20, 2005
    PA
    Thanks for all the insight. I'm not new to carrying, just carrying a bigger gun. The more I see and learn, the more I like the bigger gun. I'm interested in the Brommeland, but I tried a clip on Hume that was very comfortable for the few minutes I had it on in the store. I have gone through the holster box as well, just trying to keep it to a smaller box this time.

16. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Ditto. I also have them for Glock, XD and M&P. Great holster for CC.

17. The_Drizzle

The_Drizzle I make it rain!

Jul 23, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    I have this Desantis holster for both my Glock 19 and my full size 1911.

[​IMG]

18. triggerjerk

triggerjerk

Dec 19, 2000