close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

IWB for G19?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by GremlinX, May 28, 2011.

1. GremlinX

GremlinX

Apr 27, 2011
    What seems to be a preferred IWB for the G19? If I posted this in the wrong forum, I apologize. Thanks!

2. reppans

reppans

Mar 2, 2011
    Galco King Tuk works for me. Blatant copy of the Crossbreed Supertuck, but much cheaper and didn't have to wait for it.

3. MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo

Feb 28, 2006
    Texas
    Depends on what position you will carry in. Appendix? 3 o'clock? Small of back?

The holsters listed above are great 3-4 o'clock holsters. I typically carry AIWB and wear a High Noon Holsters Mr. Softy.

4. fgrimm

fgrimm Millennium Member

Dec 18, 1998
    I use a Dale Fricke Archangel for both on and off duty. Fastest and most comfy AIWB I have ever worn. Sold all my others.

5. redrick

redrick

Jun 6, 2009
    Virginia
    I like leather so either a Milt Sparks VMII or Brommeland Max Con.

VMII 9 month wait.
    Max Con 10 weeks wait.

6. Apprentice

Apprentice

May 17, 2000
    North GA,USA
    I use FIST model 1K (kydex) with a clip. Straight drop works for AIWB or IWB. I wear G26, G19, G17 and G21 with these all day long with comfort however comfort of all IWB is a very YMMMV thing. I use FBI cant ones for IWB with the 19 and larger.

I was raised to be against clips thanks to Jeff Cooper and other gurus of the day but this clip is has a vice like grip and has never worked off anything - with or without belt in daily carry for many years.

Best of all they're $44.95.

7. jadickson

jadickson

Dec 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    I carry mine in an MTAC in the waistband in the small of my back. I am 6'1" / 185 and i can conceal carry in shorts and a t shirt with this config. I hope this helps your search.

8. Mudshark100

Mudshark100

Jan 31, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    I use the CrossBreed SuperTuck. Very comfortable.

9. adaman04

adaman04

Feb 1, 2004
    MO
    This is the longest I've ever seen a thread go without someone saying MTAC.

MTAC or Crossbreed Supertuck would get my vote.

10. maestro pistolero

maestro pistolero

Aug 23, 2010
    Ditto, I own both, but the scale tips to the MTAC for me. More positive "click- in" and slightly easier to take on and off. Comp-tac's molding seems a bit more substantial to me. Both are great choices, though.

11. Might I suggest...

[​IMG]

I am not positive, but I think I may have a couple black in stock.

12. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Have my G19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck as I type. :cool:

13. I like IWB rt-hand behind the hipbone.
    I use a Milt Sparks Summer Special II quite a bit, although the gun should sit a bit deeper into the beltline.
    I prefer leather with snaps or a clip, and FBI forward cant. I like my gun to sit deeper in my belt and nobody ever produces one like that. One inch from the rear sight to the top of the belt is what I prefer. I usually have to reconstruct an existing holster. Here are a couple...

Here's a Glock Sport/Combat made into a IWB..

[​IMG]

This one shows a Don Hume...before and after... Just cut off the clip attachment and sew it on at an angle. Use a drill or drillpress to drill the new holes in the leather. Works like a charm.

[​IMG]

...and this one has a P-01 CZ in it, and shows how deep it tucks into the beltline. It is NOT a problem to draw as long as you have a good forward cant.

[​IMG]

S2

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  14. wagonm

wagonm

Jul 28, 2009
    WA
  15. pbs357

pbs357

Jan 10, 2010
    SW PA
    I bought a Comp-Tac CTAC about 5-6 years ago and finally stopped buying holsters for my G32 (same frame as your G19).

16. CDW4ME

CDW4ME

Jun 5, 2009
    USA
    For strong side IWB, I like the Blade-Tech UCH; I remove material I deem unnecessary (sweat guard, and at barrel end leaving muzzle exposed about 1/8'') and I use adhesive sealant to fix the adjustment where it's canted forward and won't move.

17. countsk

countsk

Sep 29, 2009
  18. Teej

Teej

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't like the feel of any gun against my skin and being summer in FL I don't like wearing two shirts.

Do any IWB holsters come up enough to protect and keep the top of the G19 frame from laying upon bare skin?