IWB Conceal Suggestions

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Golden Domer, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Golden Domer

Golden Domer
    Expand Collapse

Just purchased my first Glock. I bought a 23 GEN 4 for conceal carry. I am having difficulties with which IWB holster would work best for me. I am 6ft and 170lbs. Slim build. Looking at the Galco SC2 or King Tuk. For my size, are these ideal or are there better options? Hoping for ideas from similar builds. Thanks

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. 4Rules

4Rules
    Expand Collapse

#2 4Rules, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  3. wrangler_dave9

wrangler_dave9
    Expand Collapse

I have just about your same frame. I just recently got the comp-tac Minotaur and I love it. I carry a full size G21 in it and it conceals very well and is really comfortable.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. MLittle

MLittle
    Expand Collapse

Are you already set on your carry "position"? If you are slim I believe appendix carry has much to offer. I tried carrying behind my hip and just could not get comfortable with that position. If you are interested in appendix carry I can offer holster suggestions.....

5. Golden Domer

Golden Domer
    Expand Collapse

I have been thinking about carrying behind my hip. Not sure what would be better. Open to suggestions.

6. robhic

robhic
    Expand Collapse
    WOLVERINE!!!!
    Platinum Member Gold Member

6'3" and 177 lbs. I go the inexpensive route and carry both my G26 and G19 in Remora holsters http://www.remoraholsters.com/

You can move your weapon all around, take it out (if/when needed) and use it stuck between the seat and console of a vehicle if desired. All using one holster.

7. dosei

dosei
    Expand Collapse

8. sioux565

sioux565
    Expand Collapse

+1 on the Remora holster. I have one with the full sweat shield for my G27 and it is great. Check them out!

9. AtlantaR6

AtlantaR6
    Expand Collapse

Remora is too thick for my g26. I've been using a $10 Uncle mikes and it works really well actually. Looking to pickup a PJs soon.

10. TexasGlockster

TexasGlockster
    Expand Collapse

IWB behind your hip is the position usually described as 3:30 or 4 if your right handed, and 8 or 8:30 if your left handed. You will likely have to buy a couple of holsters before you find the one that just works perfectly for you. That said, I highly recommend http://www.hhholsters.com/. The guy who makes these is fantastic and will customize your holster to just about any desire you could have. Great customer service and amazing quality. Cross Breed Super Tucks (it is often abbreviated here on Glock Talk as CBST) are also popular, but will run you much more than what you get from H.H. Holsters. Seriously, check them out.

11. DaneA

DaneA
    Expand Collapse

Do a search as there are at least 100 threads on this subject.
    I use a Crossbreed Supertuck. Great holster only topped by better customer service.

12. threefeathers

threefeathers
    Expand Collapse
    Scouts Out

My son is exactly your build and he uses the Cross Breed super tuck. He wouldn't trade it .

13. Landsharkleather

Landsharkleather
    Expand Collapse

Check out my stuff at landsharkleather.com. I make holsters for both 1911 and other handguns as well

14. Jje1228

Jje1228
    Expand Collapse

I have a holster from them or my ruger SR40C. I am thinking about ordering another one for my G26. I was also thinking about the Galco Kingtuk.

15. uplinker

uplinker
    Expand Collapse

I'm 6'-2" 170lbs, my 23 in a CompTac MTac at about the 4-4:30 position on my right hip disappears under even just a T-Shirt.

#15 uplinker, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  16. janice6

janice6
    Expand Collapse
    Platinum Member

Whatever holster you get, try various combinations of, cant both forward and rearward, and height along with slight variations around your desired position of carry.

I did this and now carry a 4" barrel .357 Mag revolver with no problem at all. No printing and a T shirt or Sweatshirt cover.

I'm 6'2" and 220 lbs. My favorite is Crossbreed and TheisHolsters.

17. TommiT

TommiT
    Expand Collapse

There are a lot of holsters out there so you have a lot to choose from. I'm 6 ft 6 in and 220 lbs. I carry a glock 30 in a blade-tech "razor" holster behind my right hip and it is very comfortable. Its kydex so its very slim and almost indestructable. I also have one for a g 27. Its not the only good holster out there, but it works for me.

18. uplinker

uplinker
    Expand Collapse

And lets not forget, even the best holster is no good without a good belt.

19. Soldiernurse

Soldiernurse
    Expand Collapse

I use a Stickyholster (similar to Remora) for my EMP9 & BP9cc. For my G19 my favorite IWB is Blade-Tech Nano.

20. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman
    Expand Collapse

I'm a little heavier (6'2" and about 190) but find my G27 or G23 in a Galco King Tuk behind the right hip and under a loose shirt or other outer garment to be comfortable all day, with or without a T shirt between it and the skin.