close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

IWB Carry

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Gertz, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Gertz

Gertz

Jun 17, 2012
    Fremont, IN
    Does anyone carry a Glock +1 IWB no holster? If I ever have to do this I don't carry +1....too ascared of accidental discharge.

Probably should cough up the $50 for a Crossbreed Supertuck though.

2. Nanuk

Nanuk

Sep 13, 2009
    At home
    Nope. Always a holster that covers the trigger guard.

3. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

Dec 30, 2011
    Troy, MI
    I'm not sure when it would ever be a good idea to carry IWB w/o a holster!:dunno: Maybe I'm wrong!

4. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    I wouldn't carry loaded anything anywhere without a holster, especially a Glock.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  5. Gertz

Gertz

Jun 17, 2012
    Fremont, IN
    Yea I don't like doing it, but when I have to I never carry +1

6. pspez

pspez

May 3, 2006
    Coconut Creek, Fl
    try the M.I.C. trigger guard. I have one that i keep on my 27 or 23 when my wife carries in her purse or when I leave gun on night stand. Its a pretty cool guard.

7. wdp

wdp

Dec 27, 2011
    Twin Tiers, NY
    Carrying any gun IWB without a holster scares the hell out of me especially those with a decocker!

8. tomcon

tomcon

Aug 18, 2005
    Indiana
    The MIC is definitely better than nothing.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1431269

I have one for my G36, not really sure how I would feel about being disarmed by an Officer while using one.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  9. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

Sep 4, 2004
    Suriname
    That's nearly 20 bucks for a postage stamp sized piece of kydex.....

A few bucks more buys you a proper holster with solid belt clips and no snags on the draw.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  10. DrewF86

DrewF86

Jun 12, 2012
    Central FLorida
    If you're carrying mexican (no holster, just tucked in you waist band) then HELL NO you shouldn't have your gun loaded. It's like you want to shoot yourself.

Get a damn holster. Any kind of holster. Even if its just the MIC, but I would seriously recommend the Crossbreed. I love mine to death.

I always carry condition red (magazine in, round chambered).

11. Remora, they do exactly what they say. I bought one after mine hit the floor in Lowe's while reaching up for something. That was my last "Mexican" carry. Don't flame me, I already know how stupid and irresponsible as well that was.

12. Some guy here shot himself in the hip and bled to death in front of his kids for doing that sometime in the past year.

Even if you don't carry with a round chambered, which is almost as dumb IMO, I would bet that your gun would slip out if you got in a fight with the bad guy. That would be the best case scenario, with shooting yourself being the worst.

I went through some expensive holsters, including a CBST, before getting a $25 Remora which works great. No clips and it does't fall out. Perfect for summer carry in shorts without a belt. I have done a lot of bending and lifting and it stays put.

13. ParisArms

ParisArms

Aug 14, 2011
    Your question makes me think of a football player that went to jail, after an unholstered Glock started sliding down his leg. The gun discharged when the trigger was grabbed.
    The point of all that is don't go cheap on a holster. If your going to carry holster. If your no going to holster don't carry.

14. poodleplumber

poodleplumber

Apr 23, 2009
    Mexican carry is done by people with short expected life spans. Often enough it becomes a factor in the shortened life span.

15. The Hawk

The Hawk

Aug 22, 2008
    LaGrange, Ky
    Please do not carry w/o a holster. There are many reasons for this. Not only is your weapon more secure in a holster vs tucked into belt, but what will you do with that firearm after you discharge it if you do not have a holster?

16. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Dec 17, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    A holster is always my first purchase when I get a new handgun. I wouldn't carry without. IWB or any other way.

Order:
    1. Buy gun
    2. Buy holster
    3. Buy ammo

(sometimes my ammo arrives before holster, but you get the idea)

17. Louisville Glocker

Louisville Glocker Urban Redneck

Dec 17, 2010
    Louisville, KY
    P.S. I recommend a gun belt also. You can get a decent one for $40 from Cabela's. (old style double duty is on sale for $20 now!)

18. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    Forget about the "+1" issue. What we need to know is whether you carry your Glock IWB (without holster) with a round loaded in the chamber.

If you do you're a castrato in waiting, in my opinion. Worse, you're a menace to everyone in your immediate surroundings.

19. I took +1 to mean having a round chambered.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

20. sharp

sharp

Jan 12, 2005
    If you like Mexican carry, do yourself a favor and get a MIC. Many on here will bad mouth it....snags on the draw, moves around inside your pants, too slow, not enough material, etc. Who cares! It is a safe alternative to Mexican carry, period.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012