close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

I've made the decision to either get a CCO or Guardian for carry. Few ?'s

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Hokiegrass, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Hokiegrass

Hokiegrass

Apr 12, 2011
    Minden, NV
    I've never carried a 1911 before.

Anybody have some suggestions for good holsters for 1911?

Leather or Kydex for 1911, or does it matter? I use mostly Kydex for my poly guns.

I'd like to get a 1911 in the rotation, I came to this conclusion after firing my SA loaded for the first time and being astonished by its accuracy. Just a ragged hole where the target used to be, shooting from 12 yds, standing, shooting two handed and just with strong hand. I have a hard time doing that with guns I've owned for years...

Thanks in Advance...:cool:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I'm a huge fan of the Crossbreed Supertuck. I own both the DW CCO and Guardian and they CC great in that holster.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

3. awpk03s

awpk03s

Apr 1, 2007
    Ohio
    Either a CCO or Guardian is a great choice in weapon. I'd probably lean towards Guardian because I find I like the bobtail frame better than the CCO frame, and prefer checkering over chainlink.

Ad for holsters, and Leather or Kydex...? Both! Look into a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder Fusion IWB.

Below are some pictures of my Glock 30 in one - I liked it so much I ordered one for my VBOB.

Note the leather loops were swapped out by me, they are not the originals.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Hokiegrass

Hokiegrass

Apr 12, 2011
    Minden, NV
    Thanks all. I'm going to get my hands on the cco and guardian in the next week or so. I can see myself not liking the chain link on the front strap of the CC0 and liking the extra round for the guardian, but also liking the idea of the half inch shorter grip length of the CCO. I'll handle both, and see which I like better for me...

How does the garrett industries holster perform in the holster wear department on your guns?...

5. awpk03s

awpk03s

Apr 1, 2007
    Ohio
    I haven't owned it long enough to comment on wear - but being leather lined, it should be very good. Honestly though - nothing is really going to wear on your CCO or Guardian with the finish on the slides.

6. I'm a leather man when it comes to CCW 1911.
    Milt Sparks VM2
    [​IMG]

7. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Try the CCO first to see if you'd even like the shortened grip.

If you like Kydex, then stick to Kydex. It's cheap and if you buy a good one from a reputable company, then it will also be serviceable.

If you want to spend some high dollar for a custom leather holster to accompany to pretty toy, then go for it.

I have a weakness for beautifully crafted holsters. With the money I've spent on leather holsters, I could probably buy a few Wilson Combats.

8. PlasticGuy

PlasticGuy

Jul 10, 2000
    I like my CCO and my Les Baer Stinger a lot, and the Dan Wesson version is an excellent pistol too. I carry my CCO in a 5-Shot IWB. It is a beautiful holster, and is highly recommended by the Heirloom Precision crew.

9. rb12

rb12

Oct 28, 2009
    I have a C5 leather Montana.
    http://shop.c5leather.com/product.sc?productId=4

I edc a CCO. Carries very well and looks great too. Great attention to detail too

I have a 2010 CCO and there is no noticeable holster wear from the leather on he finish; the finish is absolutely great standing up to carry

10. Hokiegrass

Hokiegrass

Apr 12, 2011
    Minden, NV
    Thanks all. I ended up finding a good deal on a milt sparks vII style holster for a commander length. It looks to be very good quality. Now, I Need to find a pistol to keep it company..:supergrin:

11. sp27

sp27

Jan 31, 2011
    Love my les Baer stinger great pistol

12. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    Pics and welcome to GT. :wavey:

13. great choice! IMO, best IWB holster for 1911s