close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I've been shooting all morning

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by NAS T MAG, Mar 4, 2011.

1. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

Feb 12, 2007
    Northern Ohio
  2. Does the LT-PRO work with a SnapCap in the chamber, or does that cushion the impact of the FP too much? I went with the new cartridge specific model that acts like a SnapCap and I agree that they are great. Surprisingly accurate, and you'll love the TLB-1; it works well. I don't know what you paid, but LaserLyte also offers BIG discount on direct sales to NRA members. Good people.

3. Scared_of_zombies

Scared_of_zombies

Dec 2, 2008
    Any ideas on how to make it work with a glock. Without having to rack the slide after each shot.

4. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Jul 28, 2008
    Up a tree.
    I have an LT-PRO and it doesn't matter if you use a snap cap or not. It hears the click just as well either way, and then fires a short laser burst.

I love mine. This is the tool that helped me finally perfect my trigger pull after getting a Glock, because at first I couldn't shoot well with the gun, and this thing taught me what I was doing wrong with the Glock trigger. It's paid for itself in saved ammo a few times over now, because live ammo practice just wasn't helping me to improve at first.

It's too bad more people don't understand just what this training device can do for you.

5. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    This is one solution, but I have my doubts that replacing the trigger bar, thus replacing the feel and function of your live-fire trigger, is the way to go for dry fire practice.

Trigger Reset Kit for Dry Fire Practice

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  6. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

Feb 12, 2007
    Northern Ohio

Or just a slight slide rack will reset the trigger. I've been zeroing my revolvers that have Crimson Trace grips. The target is supposed to be good up to 50 yards. It's going to be great to shoot in my back yard.

7. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

Feb 12, 2007
    Northern Ohio
    I use snap caps in most of my guns and the LT-Pro is working great. I paid $140 for the target.

8. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
    Colorado
  9. Manimal

Manimal

Apr 28, 2010
    South Palm Beach
    What would happen if you used that for live fire?... :whistling:

10. NAS T MAG

NAS T MAG

Feb 12, 2007
    Northern Ohio
  11. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks, that makes sense. I'm down to just 9mm.

Dave

12. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    Here is another interesting alternative for dry-fire practice with a bore laser:

Magic Bullet Laser Ammo<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>These are the major features I gathered from the product description:</o:p>
    Laser with snap-cap switch &#8220;cartridge&#8221; loads at breech

Std. is 9mm. Adapters available for 40S&W ($8), 45ACP ($8), and 12 gauge shotgun ($40)

Safety pipe inserts into muzzle and screws into laser cartridge. It further aligns the laser along barrel axis and secures the cartridge. It stays put regardless of how many times the slide is racked. Std. safety pipe fits barrels up to 4.75&#8221; long. Shorter safety pipe available to fit up to 3.5&#8221; barrel ($9.99).

Snap cap switches are replaceable units ($35), separate from laser unit. Good for 5,000 laser shots each under warranty.

Special snap cap switch available to turn laser into constant-on bore sighting device ($35). One trigger pull on, one trigger pull off.

Simulator settings available to operate with various third-party simulation systems such as those sold by Beamhit, Advanced Interactive Systems (AIS-SIM), and others ($35).<o:p></o:p>

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  13. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
  14. If you are happy with a single caliber tool, it has the advantage of acting as the SnapCap, and it is better than the real SnapCaps in that it isn't extracted with each rack of the slide -- it has no rim for the extractor to grasp.

15. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks!

Dave

16. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    I like to make the bang bang noise when I dry fire :supergrin:

17. Scared_of_zombies

Scared_of_zombies

Dec 2, 2008
    I was unaware that those actually manipulated the firing pin. Thanks for the tip.

18. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Jun 20, 2010
    Texas
    Evidently, the firing pin is not engaged, which makes it even less realistic in simulating the live-fire trigger. Glock Talk member samurairabbi describes the function of this particular Trigger Reset Kit in this way:
    "I own two of these units.

The unit completely replaces the entire trigger assembly. The trigger bar, connector, trigger spring, and trigger housing are all modified or shifted from original Glock parts. With this unit installed, a round cannot be fired.

The ramp surfaces are ground so that the trigger will reset when the trigger is fully pulled, without the slide cycling to hit the reset tab on the connector. The firing pin is never engaged by the trigger bar cruciform. An "extra" spring is installed to move the trigger back forward when finger pressure is relaxed. This assembly is a kludge, but I have found it a useful kludge for teaching students."
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  19. Huber

Huber G1 Niner Rockin

Feb 1, 2011
    Crystal City, MO
    This thread has some great info in it! The original laserlyte post that thing is sweet