close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

It's the Population, Stupid

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by antediluvianist, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Here we go again, all the commentators on TV talking about "Poverty Alleviation" blah blah blah...opponents say the poor are still poor (no kidding?)...admin. people talk about economic progress (yes, oaverall there has been some).

But the population is just too big, and will keep expanding at a rate incompatible with really significant per-capita improvement. The World Bank projects 210 millionn Filipinos by 2050. Awful.
    Just considering water, metro manila will be in crisis within 7 years.

Stop having big families, you free-loading, voting poor. How do you expect to better your lives if you have 4, 5, 6, 7 children?

2. riddler

riddler

Jan 19, 2001
    I share your views! Somehow, somewhere in history we succumbed to the victim mentality. We felt that someone owes us something just for being Filipinos....when it is only us to blame for our predicament.

It is human nature to have some sort of control over something. I guess if all else is beyond such, then maybe some think that having children is their way of having control. The problem is, at what price to themselves, their kids, and to our nation?

3. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Jul 27, 2006
    TSK. Sometimes I wish that only taxpayers could have the right to vote.

4. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    Better stop buying or even gazing at FHM,MAxim, etc. Don't patronize the pirated hentai dvd's. :supergrin:

5. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Feb 24, 2006
    Manila, PH
    I'd say that the poor should undergo compulsory sterilization enforced by the state. That's the last resort..

Why can't we do what Brazil does to its poor? Nakakumpol sila lahat to one area of a city and they can't squat anywhere else. Kaysa nakakalat sila sa buong Metro Manila.

We should push them out of the metropolis. Relocate them to rural areas. Put them into communal farms. Instead of producing 7 or 8 kid per family, they can produce crops and livestock. In that way, mas makakatulong sila sa bansa natin..

My two cents. BTW.. I have no plans to run sa next elections :)

6. PMMA97

PMMA97 MNSAmessdetail

Nov 25, 2003
    Subic Bay, Philippines
    Ay Wow... Hitler ikaw ba yan? :shocked:

7. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Whenever the government tries to introduce birth control programs, the church meddles in the affairs of the state. When SHTF, the church simply washes its hands.

Does the church in the Philippines have a clear program on how to address the population explosion; as Ante said, according to the WB, 210 million by 2050?

Take into consideration that wheat and produce prices here are expected to rise because farmers here are converting their wheat farms to canola and corn. They want to take advantage of the expected rise in demand for alternative fuels. Even Alberta, who has the world's third largest oil deposit, and Saskatchewan, who is a big wheat producer, are seeing a rise in canola farms.

8. riddler

riddler

Jan 19, 2001
    That is too much to ask. I would be content with letting only those who can read/write complete correct sentences vote!

9. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Feb 24, 2006
    Manila, PH
    Hindi po :) I said nothing about extermination. Think of all those homeless/jobless folks being given the chance to improve themselves and help our beloved country.

10. TTPower

TTPower

Aug 2, 2006
    philippines
    hhhmmmmmmm..... i like this idea :) gaganda pa manila! and it will drive the criminals out of the metro! question is how do classify who's in and who's out hehehehe

11. PMMA97

PMMA97 MNSAmessdetail

Nov 25, 2003
    Subic Bay, Philippines
    I'm just yanking your chain bunkmate. :)

Your comment just hit me like a ton of bricks, I immediately thought of the Nazi party and their purportedly "good" intention of sanitizing the misfits of societies.

I came from a very poor family but my parents only had three offspring of which I am eldest. I am still "poor" because I am not rich but my wife and I agreed to only have two kids. I am just saying that this population thing is not about rich or poor. I think it's in one's state of mind. If one just go blindly making babies you will also be contributing to the problem.

There must be a drive to teach people that making babies beyond your pay scale or your ability to monitor, love and teach them the ways of life is a big no no. Kawawa ang mga magiging anak.

Just my .02 worth.

12. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    Sir KS, I could not agree more strongly with you.

Let the politicians try and bribe a middle class earner, they'd be shamed for SURE.

13. charlie-xray

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    You beat me to the punch on this one Isuzu, truly my sentiment.

Rhytmn and natural birth controls DOES NOT WORK, WILL NOT WORK AND IS NOT WORKING!!!!

14. charlie-xray

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    ITR and visual inspection of your assets and dwellings.

Or uso naman ito ngayon "text vote".

15. Well, the SONA is over and as usual no stand on population. A lot of blah blah about many other things but nothing about this huge problem staring us in the face. Can't disturb the church and lose all those votes.

16. cebuboy

cebuboy toy soldier

Apr 27, 2004
    Cebu
    if only we have leaders who got BALLS.....

17. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Feb 24, 2006
    Manila, PH
    That's the usual SONA....

Sir PMMA97, i sent you a PM

18. PMMA97

PMMA97 MNSAmessdetail

Nov 25, 2003
    Subic Bay, Philippines
    PM replied to but unfortunately your inbox is full. :)

19. charlie-xray

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    We'll just continue to be a government sponsored human trafficker (OFW's) :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :steamed: :sadangel: :sadangel:

20. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Asia

... by having MORE children? :supergrin:

Bane and Boon of Family Size

The marginalized poor would have little to loose and much to gain by having more children.

With more children, it would be easier to farm / beg. More manpower, more covered areas.

In case the child gets run over by a vehicle, the parents get paid. The children can easily be used as fronts in relocations / demolitions.

As the children grows older, they can be sold / pimped / sent to work abroad / used to take care of the younger siblings.

There is strength in numbers. As the family grows, the squatter colony grows. Vote rich and almost impossible to relocate.

Should the child be lucky enough to find a white collar job / get married to a rich foreigner, the parents would move up the food chain.

Ironically, it is the more educated people, the rich, the industralized countries that limits family size voluntarily.

---

What is the probability that Mang Pandoy's only son would eventually earn more than him? Would the answer be the same if Mang Pandoy has 10 children instead of 1?

Would the case above have the same answers if applied to Bill Gates? :)

Also consider the following formula:

idle time + no money + boredom = :banana: